VMware Software Development Intern
Yerevan, ArmeniaJob ID R1904000 Date posted Mar. 14, 2019
At VMware, we believe software creates unlimited possibilities. We challenge the status quo by inventing better ways of doing things. Our culture is one of possibilities, where everyone is empowered to achieve success on their own terms. And together, we are shaping the future of business in a digital world.
The Cloud Management group charter is to create the platform and products that deliver performance, availability and capacity management of VMware based environments. The Cloud Management platform is the underlying infrastructure that provides stats collection, event handling and health management of objects. The Cloud Management products rely on the Cloud Management platform (and the rest of the vSphere/vCenter infrastructure) to provide value to customers. A key value of these products is to allow a vSphere admin to manage more servers by simplifying operations management (OpEx reduction).
This is an exciting area to work in with multiple products in the pipeline and a fast-paced work culture. If testing cutting-edge products that solve large real-world distributed systems problems and delivering them on an aggressive schedule motivates you, then this job is for you.
Job Role and Responsibility
As part of the VMware Cloud Management ESO team, you will work with the team of ESO Engineers developing required tools for testing the platform and products in this area. As a member of the team you will closely work with developers, ESOs and PMs to deliver quality releases. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Create and review test scripts, tools, test libraries and related required applications.
• Improve test automation and code coverage activities
• Work closely with VMware R&D and other ESO teams, to leverage existing test cases and test suites currently available for internal use
• Take initiative to improve products, tools, and process
• Interact with offshore R&D sites
• Work closely with developers to resolve issues and reproduce bugs
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience in Java
• Proficiency in one or more of the following skills: JUNIT, TestNG, Selenium
• Proven ability testing high-quality software
• Experience in developing test frameworks and tools
• Experience in API test development using Java
• Manage activities to meet the delivery dates and report accurate, complete status
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
• VMware experience a plus
• Experience working with offshore teams highly desirable