Software Engineer (MTS2)
Yerevan, ArmeniaJob ID R1912156 Date posted Sep. 11, 2019
Business Job Title: Member of Technical Staff
VMware Inc., a pioneer in virtualization software, is seeking Engineer with large scale distributed systems expertise for the VMware Cloud Management’s Engineering Services team.
The Cloud Management group charter is to create platform, products and cloud services that deliver availability, performance, capacity and cost management of hybrid environments running anything from traditional to cloud-native workloads. The Cloud Management platform is the underlying infrastructure that provides stats collection, event handling and health management of objects. The Cloud Management SaaS and on-prem solutions rely on the Cloud Management platform to allow customers to do intelligent operations management, increase velocity by optimizing applications, decrease downtime, and radically reduce time to resolve issues. They are rapidly redefining metrics monitoring for the next generation of hybrid architectures by using a massively scalable approach that provides real-time processing of high-frequency system measurements.
This is an exciting area to work with multiple products and services in the pipeline in fast-paced work culture. Does working on cutting-edge enterprise products and services that solve large, real-world distributed systems problems and delivering them on a daring schedule motivate you? Then this job is for You!
As part of the VMware Cloud Management R&D team, you will work on a full-time basis with the team of Engineers, developing the real-time data collection/processing and visualization system. You will make key technical architecture and development decisions while maintaining a very hands-on development role.
• Contributes to defining a vision for their technical area
• Improves operational efficiency
• Has broad distinguishing technical expertise
• Encourages innovation, creative thought and new ideas and/or solutions
• Performs independent analysis of a complex workload and initiates performance improvements in one or more subsystems
• Provides assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
• Develop standards-compliant responsive UI using HTML5, CSS3
• Proficiency of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Proficiency with browser testing and debugging
• Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
• Good understanding of REST APIs and knowledge of how to interact with them.
• Familiarity knowledge of object-oriented programming languages
• Learn and apply new technologies, best design practices and usability patterns
• Complete understanding of both Agile and Traditional SDLC: requirements analysis, implementation, unit testing, peer reviews, code reviews and integration management
• Ability to work in a team environment in close cooperation with other members of the company’s team worldwide
• Ability to investigate and resolve resource/feature/time conflicts
• Ability to manage and realize problem solutions within a specified time range
• Demonstrable creativity and analytical thinking
• Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff
• Excellent command of English (oral and written)
• Good documentation skills
Education: B.S. in Computer Science, Math or Physics
Experience: Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
At this level, post-graduate coursework may be desirable
• Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme and additional long-term incentives
• Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, opportunity to work with international teams of IT professionals
• Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical insurance program, food and beverage program, sports activities, open communication
• Work-life balance – 20 calendar days paid vacation, 5 days company paid sick leave, regular team buildings and celebrations
• All VMware people and all applicants for employment will be treated fairly and given equal opportunity in all aspects of employment including compensation and benefits, irrespective of their race, color, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability or ethnic origin