Sr .Analyst, Material Planning
Xiamen, ChinaJob ID R57649 Date posted Jul. 03, 2019
Sr. Analyst, Material Planning
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Sr Analyst, Material Planning in Xiamen.
When you’re working in the fast-moving world of technology, product availability is critical – which makes the availability of raw materials for production critical too. Our Material Planning team provides a controlled flow of materials to meet production requirements. We produce detailed schedules, adapting them if necessary to meet backlogs or material shortages, as well as material requirement lists and production plans that balance the demand and supply position of platforms and commodities to optimize product availability and cost. We’re experts at resolving problems with inventory, production schedules or material shortages and recommending procedures to avoid future problems.
The role will involve working on daily activities as well as long term projects
Day to day work involves:
- Acts as a subject matter expert within production planning & order management areas.
- Release precision production planning to meet customer expectation and maximize Dell operation output
- Coordinate with cross function team to address issues and adjust production plan to mitigate
- Track backlog and order level health to ensure order shuttle on time
- Manage factory inventory at health level
- Work with cross functional team to delivery stakeholder value
- Addresses critical production planning issues, material shortages, vendor issues, etc.
- Coordinates activities and processes.
- Identifies issues beyond stated situation.
- Analyzes data, makes recommendations and leads the implementation of process improvements.
- Applies research, information gathering and analytical and interpretation skills to problems of diverse scope.
- Interprets generally defined practices and methods.
- Recognizes and acts on inconsistencies in data or results and escalates unusual problems.
- Assists leadership in overseeing the development and successful implementation of production plans and coordinates production schedules to optimize capacity utilization.
- Works under general direction, guided by objectives of the area or assignment
- Assumes responsibility to improve service, efficiency and quality of work.
- Contributes to area by ensuring quality of output.
- Works on assignments where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making choices, recommendations, or decisions.
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment on business matters.
- Involved with local or business specific engagement initiatives in support of broader programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 years above supply chain management places’ experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work within strict timelines, and with multiple stakeholders across the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills and problem solving skills
- Experience with data analytics or tools is a plus
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can offer expert knowledge of planning and forecasting techniques, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.