Sr, Advisor, Material Planning
Xiamen, ChinaJob ID R037244 Date posted Oct. 09, 2019
The role will involve working on daily activities as well as long term projects
Day to day work involves:
- Communicate regional demand expectations to ODMs and Dell facilities for capacity & execution planning.
- Engage with Demand / Supply, ODM enablement, Global Strategy, GOE, COC, Business Unit Supply Chain, ODMs, Dell Facilities, and Finance teams to develop plans and provide guidance on demand, capacity and capability issues.
- Represent regional teams & customers needs in capacity allocation, execution & excursion management activities
- Anticipate capacity concerns and proactively drive actions to mitigate
- Provide capacity supportability guidance for retail, Fast Track and other supply chains
- Support enablement of supply chain changes (i.e. facility changes, fulfillment method changes, alternate supply chains, etc.)
- Drive regional and global process improvements to demand, capability planning , order management , OPS Planning processes
- Monitoring of key supply chain metrics and analyzing the trends
- Driving predictability in key operational and supply chain metrics
- Keeping pulse of the current and potential issues happening across end to end supply chain
- Interacting with various stakeholders across supply chain organization to understand the issues, assessing the impact and monitoring corrective actions
- Providing inputs on operational performance to leadership team
- Daily and Weekly Reporting of Business Performance
- Enhancing process governance, ensuring alignment and data integrity
- Employing analytical abilities to sense, highlight and monitor key aspects of business and bring forth to management’s regular attention
- Initiating, orchestrating and co-ordinating projects globally for process improvements/ cost reductions working across functions
Promoting, deploying and sharing innovative ideas, towards continual improvement
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a [Job title] on our [Job family] team in [Location].
When you’re working in the fast-moving world of technology, product availability is critical – which makes the availability of raw materials for production critical too. Our Material Planning team provides a controlled flow of materials to meet production requirements. We produce detailed schedules, adapting them if necessary to meet backlogs or material shortages, as well as material requirement lists and production plans that balance the demand and supply position of platforms and commodities to optimize product availability and cost. We’re experts at resolving problems with inventory, production schedules or material shortages and recommending procedures to avoid future problems.
- Max 5 - 7 bullet points with a small introduction.
- Max 5 - 7 bullet points (key education must be included in this section).
- Max 0 - 5 bullet point of requirements that may be helpful, but not necessary
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can offer expert knowledge of planning and forecasting techniques, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: xx xxxxxxxxx 20xx.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
- Drive for results
- Comfortable with planning and making decisions using sound logic and judgment, with imperfect data
- Able to balance strategic vision with tactical execution
- Background in process improvement a plus
- Strong data management and analytical skills
- Excellent articulation / communication (written and verbal)
- Executive Presentation skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Effectively handle ambiguous situations
- High adaptability to changing requirements / market dynamics / work demands
- Knowledge about Dell Supply Chain processes, Operations , systems and data
- Project and/ or Program Management
- Total 6 - 8 Years’ experience
- Worked as a practitioner, business analyst or consultant preferably in the area of Supply Chain/ Operations
- Worked in large cross functional environment
- Bachelors degree or equivalent required