Staff Consultant - SDDC
Wrocław, PolandJob ID R1901253-3 Date posted Feb. 11, 2019
The VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. We are dedicated to the satisfaction and success of the customer and their SDDC strategy. We ensure that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning software-defined datacenter.
We are committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest network and security technologies and solutions. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a fun, dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey. We will sponsor your enablement and certification up to and including VCDX certification.
Work for the global leader in cloud infrastructure and virtualization solutions.
As a PSO Staff Consultant, you help the customers get up and running fast, minimize risk, and deliver the business outcome from strategy to implementation to optimization. You bring deep experience to facilitate the customer’s evolution towards emerging technology solutions, sharpening their edge in today’s complex digital world. You understand the business and technical requirements, contribute to the best architecture designs, and deploy the solutions using a methodological approach.
You are a specialist passionate about infrastructure and network virtualization with a broad understanding of either storage systems, business critical and cloud-native applications, data center operations, end-user computing or public clouds.
We work in enterprise markets and offer solutions scale with millions of objects. We consult the top Fortune 500 companies in the world on services such as Operational Readiness, Business Continuance, Disaster Recovery, IT services Delivery, Automation, Orchestration and Management of Cloud infrastructure.
Your Typical Day at Work
- You plan, design, build & deliver the cloud infrastructure, cloud management and networking solutions
- You take ownership of VMware consulting solutions and conduct them in a timely and effective manner, either on individual engagements or in collaboration with a team on larger projects
- You interact and collaborate with customers by delivering workshops, knowledge transfer and hands-on implementation
- You display commercial awareness by identifying future services opportunity within a project or with the customer
- You liaise and provide input into similar projects and standard methodologies, sharing knowledge among other consultants
- You provide technical input to the Solution Architects and Services Business Leaders in the pre-sales stage of an opportunity by providing accurate effort estimation
- You mentor junior colleagues and assist them on their journey within VMware
Required Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer, preferably with an IT consulting company or a software vendor
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Several years recent experience in designing and implementing datacenter infrastructure and cloud in regards to compute, network and storage
- Sound understanding of Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) concepts and implementations
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in at least two VMware products (e.g. vRealize Automation, vRealize Operations Manager, vSphere, ESXi, vCenter, NSX, vSAN, SRM, vCloud Director or vRealize Operations Manager) within large scale IT production data centers
- Practical experience with complementing technologies such as storage and network
- Passion for learning and sharing knowledge and experience
- Excellent collaborator
- Bachelors or Masters degree or equivalent technical training
- Ability to travel within Europe (focus on Poland)
- Fluent in Polish and English languages
- Experienced in Agile Project Methodologies such as Scrum or similar
- VMware Certified Professional Datacenter Virtualization (VCP-DCV) or Network Virtualization (VCP-NV)
- Industry Certifications for Datacenter and Networking (e.g. LPIC, MSCA, CCNA and equivalent)
- Expert knowledge in Software Defined Networking (SDN) solutions, preferably VMware NSX
- ITIL foundation certified or equivalent practical knowledge