Sales Engineer - Client Solutions Group
West VirginiaJob ID R68458 Date posted May. 08, 2019
Sales Systems Engineer
Location: Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland and W Virginia
Dell Technologies is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Sales Systems Engineer to join our team.
The Client Solutions Engineering Group is the vehicle through which Dell enables its sales teams to successfully identify and sell Client Hardware and Solutions, Cloud Computing and Desktop Virtualization. By Identifying best-of-breed capabilities, offers, tools, and technologies we heighten Dell's credibility in the marketplace, installing confidence in our ability to design, implement and maintain End User Computing Solutions. All of this is orchestrated through a comprehensive go-to-market plan which Sales, Marketing, Services and Product LOB's are aligned for maximum success. The result is customer-focused solution portfolio, consisting of simplified and consistent offers that leverage Dell IP and globally integrated capabilities, driving robust financial performance and increasing Dell's End User Computing and Mobility services market.
The Sales Engineer provides pre-sales technical support to territory field sales teams during the sales process. Accountable for the technical validity and interoperability of solution and the direct relationship with the customers’ strategic business plans.
Responsibilities include a combination of pre-sales consultation services, performing technical product demonstrations, project managing, proof of concept engagements, and client solution computing initiatives within a geographic territory in coordination with the specialty & core sales teams. Qualified candidates will work with commercial and enterprise customers to shorten the sales cycle by overcoming technical hurdles within specified accounts and enabling the customer to be successful leveraging Dell technology. The Sales Engineer must demonstrate solid communication skills, technical expertise, sales ability, while working both independently and within a team. They must also be able to communicate complicated technical material across multiple levels of an organization. 50% travel.
- Collaborate on account plans with regional sales team
- Match products and solutions to customer technical needs
- Describe key technical features, benefits and how these features differ from the competition
- Overcome common technical objections
- Deliver and demonstration Dell technology solutions and tools for client products
- Ask closing questions of technical decision makers
- Reproduce customer issues and file articulate bug reports to development
- Present at tradeshows, partners and customer events
- Expert product knowledge of the entire client portfolio
- Understand and articulate virtualization solution including VMware, Citrix and MS RDS (Citrix XenApp and Xendesktop experience (CCEA a plus), VMware View experience (VCP a plus), Microsoft Server OS 2003/2008, and Windows XP Pro/Windows 7 experience (MCSE a plus).
- Understand and articulate client management software options and deployment processes ex. SCCM, Ivanti, Intune, MDT (SCCM a plus)
- 10+ years of IT experience in a Vendor, Professional Services, IT Consulting, Systems Integration, or end-user environment
- 2+ years, technical pre-sales experience, or technical business related experience
- Citrix XenApp and Xendesktop experience (CCEA a plus) or VMware View experience (VCP a plus), Microsoft Server OS 2003/2008, and Windows XP Pro/Windows 7 experience (MCSE a plus)
-Systems Management experience
- Excellent organizational, customer service and communication skills
- Professional presentation skills
- Hands-on experience with building servers and setting up networks
- Self-starter that manages time and activities with little day-to-day guidance or interaction from management
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.