,Wellington,New Zealand, VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.Job ID R1915481 Date posted Dec. 03, 2019
Reports to: NZ Country Manager
Based in: Wellington, NZ
Do you flourish on helping customers achieve great things within their businesses and finding opportunities to enable IT to be an enabler to the business? A change agent passionate technology as an enabler of the digital era. Are you self-motivated, driven and persist in the delivery of consistent results. If these qualities match up to your skills, then continue reading as we would love to have you consider this role.
As an equal opportunity employer, VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT.
As a Territory Manager you will be responsible for developing, qualifying and executing on a sales pipeline. A deal maker that has a consistent record of closing business alongside an assigned Inside Sales Rep, within a large portfolio of specified commercial customers.
Using consultative sales skills, the successful sales person will uncover the customer’s business issues either through the Partner itself, Partner sales team or through meeting customer personas to develop an account plan that addresses their typical business objectives.
- Build sufficient pipeline in assigned Territory ensuring the healthy balance of sales stage.
- Prepare and update quarterly a detailed Territory Plan which outlines the Go to Market plan, Partner engagement model & VMWare product opportunity mix.
- Develop and maintain strategic account plans for the minority subset of accounts the territory manager will be targeting.
- Work closely with the Partner Business Managers to ensure that the transactional run rate business within your assigned Territory is being delivered by the relevant partners.
- Utilise Value Selling sales methodology including VMware sales tools and process, to communicate, report, track and handle sales opportunities.
- Understand the buying process and provide accurate and current forecast and opportunity detail in SalesForce.Com (vmstar).
- As required prepare effective executive call plan briefs when assigned accounts are involved in executive meetings / visits.
- Primary co-ordination point of internal resources interacting with the account. This includes marketing, technical consultants, specialists, professional services & Education to ensure maximum revenue and customer happiness.
- Min 3-5 years sales experience in Software Sales, Enterprise Management or Cloud with a minor in Compute, Network & Storage.
- Ability to engage at all levels in mid market/SME accounts from practitioner to C-level both within IT and in the business for the purposes of solution selling, establishing peer relationships and articulating VMware strategic vision.
- Experience operating in a Channel driven sales environment.
- History of achieving business objectives including revenue goals, in a high reaching environment, working with commercial clients.
- Experience selling complex solutions requiring implementation, integration and Professional Services.
- Account/Partner Management
- Consistently crafts customer-centric account plans that engage internal teams and the partner community.
- Actively prepares call strategies that support successful customer interactions.
Business Industry Acumen
- You can articulate the basics of finance, marketing, and operations and uses insights while selling. Maintains an understanding of technology trends, including predominant industry challenges, key players and business process.
- Understands the implications of new trends in technology. Has the ability to translate trends/developments into insights for the customer.
- Understands basic financial metrics important to customers and VMware. Understands customer's financial business model and budget planning processes and makes recommendations based on that understanding.
Effective Communication including Presentation Skills
- Able to independently explain complex topics to technically inclined and non-technically inclined audiences alike. Crafts clear and concise messages that are structured for recipient consumption. Uses a range of questioning techniques, able to redirect conversations to keep them on track.
- Comfortable using some tools (Webex, Whiteboard, Visio, MS Word, IM, email, Skype, etc.) to communicate with customers.
- Able to conduct presentations to c-suite-level customers as well as engaging with technical leaders. Confirms and clarifies information gained from listening to customers before sharing.
Influencing & Negotiation
- Relies on facts and past experiences to eliminate customer concern when negotiating. Reviews each stage of the negotiation to identify gaps and next steps to address any opportunities.
- Advances problems to relevant parties within VMware.
- Has basic knowledge of goals and objectives of executives. Conducts basic research to better understand decision makers.
- Cultivates and sustains relationships with non-executives.
- Handles customer questions and issues well and reacts to reported problems quickly. Generally takes appropriate actions to resolve problems but may require mentoring when faced with particularly strong objections or barriers.
- Generally identifies customer problems and passes request to relevant internal parties; Usually follows-up in a timely manner and stays focused
- We can tailor approaches to match customer requirements and provides detailed support and information to customer about how products and offerings address their needs
- Develops customer offerings with little mentoring and support, is somewhat familiar with the determination of operational readiness of a customer's technology solution
- Maintains a deep understanding of the prospects most immediate issues and business challenges; Proves adept at considering long-term consequences of those needs and challenges
- Emphasizes team goals over own interests and fosters a positive environment where we want to achieve project deliverables and ensure the success of all team members
- Is seen as a teammate amongst peers, and contributes to the team in terms of ideas, sharing experiences and knowledge.
VMware Technical Knowledge
- Is able to technically qualify the customer and qualifies the need and identifies the success criteria.
- Has knowledge about partner and competitor solutions and nominates content in our VMware community groups for solutions, service offerings, white papers, customer presentations, practice development, etc