Senior Technical Instructor
Wein,Austria, VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.Job ID R1914484-2 Date posted Dec. 03, 2019
Senior Technical Instructor
Professional Level 4
Location: EMEA Region
Languages: French, German
As a Senior Technical Instructor you will be responsible for classroom and virtual delivery of VMware technical training as part of the VMware Education Services team. You will deliver and optimize core curriculum and augment instruction with hands-on activities in classroom and remote delivery models.In addition to technical training, you will also support the Education Sales team in a consultative manner to develop tailored training programs that maximize the educational outcomes and value for VMware Education's customers.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to quickly understand complex, technical concepts.In addition, the successful candidate will have strong analytical skills with an ability to identify needs, develop effective solutions, and manage through completion. The successful candidate will also be able to manage multiple timelines and contrasting priorities to ensure timely results.
- Technical Instruction
- Provide world-class educational classes and programs to customers and partners using classroom, eLearning and other effective methods.
- Effectively manage training sessions, addressing any issues that arise and ensuring the class stays on track with the intended agenda.
- Maintain accurate records and communicate effectively with attendees before, during and after delivery.
- Provide necessary analytical training data as required and performs duties as necessary to meet team goals.
- Proactively stay current on VMware’s product portfolio.
- Participate in adoption of new methodologies, strategies, tools, training and processes.
- Support the Education Sales team on complex engagements
- Perform Knowledge Skills Assessments / Training Needs Analysis exercises.
- Develop tailored training programs.
- Act as a strong advocate for VMware solutions and products both inside and outside classes.
- Act as Lead Instructor in the EMEA region for new courses through collaboration with the Content Development Team during course development.
- Develop and deliver webinars & seminars to share knowledge and promote VMware Education products and services.
- Conduct Instructor Certification Workshops & Train The Trainer sessions; mentor and provide support to other instructors.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Business, Communication or Technology.
- 7+ years relevant Information Technology industry experience.
- 5+ years specific technical instructor role experience, teaching highly technical material relating to virtualization, cloud, operating systems (Linux / Windows), networking & storage.
- Knowledge of enterprise-class hardware, operating systems, virtualization, networking, storage, client/server & cloud-scale applications, and cloud.
- Ability to write scripts, workflows, and simple programs.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects while maintaining short response and resolution times.
- Analytical problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently, use solid judgment and create “client-ready” deliverables.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and quality standards and to deliver fully on commitments.
- A superb communicator, both written and verbal, including strong professional presentation experience.
- Proven ability to work in dynamic work environments with limited supervision to deliver results.
- Ability to effectively communicate and demonstrate complex technical knowledge to audiences of various sizes.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) mandatory.
- VMware Certified Instructor (VCI) strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel 50%-75% of the time across EMEA.
- Perform other tasks, roles and responsibilities, as required.
VMware (NYSE: VMW), the global leader in cloud infrastructure, delivers customer-proven virtualization solutions that significantly reduce IT complexity. VMware accelerates an organization’s transition to cloud computing, while preserving existing IT investments and enabling more efficient, agile service delivery without compromising control. Organizations rely on VMware, its partners and its industry-leading virtual infrastructure platform, VMware vSphere, to energize their business through IT, while saving energy—financial, human and the Earth’s. With 2018 revenues in excess of $10 billion, VMware has more than 190,000 customers and 25,000 partners worldwide. VMware’s award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide our 18,000+ employees in 40+ locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
VMware is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity. VMware provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. VMware complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.