State and Local Government CTO/Strategist
WashingtonJob ID R030502 Date posted Aug. 16, 2019
State and Local Government CTO/Strategist (remote: Western U.S. region)
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a State and Local Government Strategist on our Commercial Sales team in the Western U.S. (remote).
Are you currently working in the CTO or CIO office for a State or Local government office in the Western region of the United States? If so....
We are searching for a State and Local Government Professional who wants to pivot into the technology sales world as a Strategist to grow Dell’s market position in the State and Local Government market. A Strategist defines long-term goals for State and Local Governmentin his/her region, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, builds capacity for Sales Account Executives and Regional Sales Directors to convey Dell’s Point of View, facilitates discussions with our customers, leads industry discussions, and conducts keynotes and seminars. This person will work closely with the Sales Account Executives and Regional Sales Directors, Inside Sales team, Product Specialists and Pre-Sales technical resources.
- Supporting sales teams to ensure winning high value opportunities
- Working with Marketing to help with strategy and program execution for the vertical
- Identifying long-term and short-term sales opportunities, focusing on sales activities that produce results in both
- Generating long term industry growth through thought leadership, knowledge of Dell’s resources and solutions, and professional learning support
- Developing account presence by creating a high added value working relationship with Cities, Counties and State Governments at the executive leadership level
- Representing Dell in industry specific conferences, tradeshows and events with presentation and keynotes
- Transferring market knowledge to various cross-functional teams through professional learning to improve overall development and positioning of offerings within Dell’s portfolio
- Contributing to Dell’s vision, thought leadership, go to market strategy, and new offerings
- -Being knowledgeable about digital transformation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 10 years of experience working within the CTO or CIO office of a city, county, or state entity as a technical resource in a leadership capacity.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Several years of technology and/or business development experience within the state and local government space
- Experience presenting at industry conferences.
- Demonstrated leadership of state and local government technology related working groups is preferred.
- Ability to effectively educate stakeholders about the industry, with a focus on State and Local government, and knowledge of current research and current industry relationships
- Willingness to travel and work in a distributed team
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a positive attitude under tight deadlines
- Ability to facilitate learning for teams of State and Local government professionals and internal Dell teams
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Customers’ success. Team members can expect from Dell continuous learning/training to aid in your success. Top performers can expect to earn opportunities for career advancement or lateral job changes that will continue to invigorate and develop you.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.