Senior Engineer - Security Solutions
Remote - Florida, United States, Remote - Washington, United StatesJob ID R043206 Date posted Nov. 08, 2019
Sr. Engineer - Security Solutions
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Principal Engineer, Solutions Architecture on our Services IT team.
The Services IT team delivers world-class support and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design, develop, and implement platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- Leads cross-functional teams in support of cybersecurity Incident Response projects and programs
- Works with a great deal of independence and proactively identifies complex problems and implements solutions to those problems
- Acts as a subject matter expert and local leader for cybersecurity Incident Response; contributes directly to the development of strategy, policy, standards, and procedures
- Contributes as an Incident Response subject matter expert and mentors junior colleagues on Incident Response
- Conducts research, evaluates, and recommends new tools processes and/or technologies for Incident Response
- Partners with senior management inside and outside of the organization
- Serves as a spokesperson for Incident Response when working across multiple teams
- Ability to develop more complex security Incident Response standards and procedures applicable to complex, global technical environments
- Advanced understanding of cybersecurity Incident Response key concepts, with deep expertise in at least two areas
- Collaborative work style
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ability to develop documentation or data analysis
- Excellent written, spoken, and presentation skills
- CISSP / CASP / CISM strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of Microsoft products, including Office 365, Windows 10 and Windows Server
- Knowledge of SCCM and MSATP
- Basic understanding of networking, able to implement subnetting, establish VLANs, and configure basic firewall settings
- Strong understanding of backup strategies
- Strong understanding of cloud computing technologies
- Experience in creating Disaster Recovery and Incident Response plans.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.