Principal SOC Consultant - Secureworks - London, UK
London, United Kingdom, Remote - United Kingdom (All Other);Remote - United Kingdom (London-Thames Valley);Remote - United Kingdom (Scotland)Job ID R047925 Date posted Nov. 28, 2019
Principal SOC Consultant
UK Wide Remote
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a technology-driven cybersecurity leader that protects organizations in the digitally connected world. Built on proprietary technologies and world-class threat intelligence, our applications and solutions help prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats. Red Cloak™ software brings advanced threat analytics to thousands of customers, and the Secureworks Counter Threat Platform™ processes over 300 billion threat events per day. We understand complex security environments and are passionate about simplifying security with Defense in Concert™ so that security becomes a business enabler. More than 4,000 customers across over 50 countries are protected by Secureworks, benefit from our network effect and are Collectively Smarter. Exponentially Safer.™www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
Secureworks are expanding our Security Design & Build Practice. As a Senior Principal Consultant, you'll play a key role as a trusted strategic advisor to our large enterprise clients security consulting needs.
- Help customers determine and assess security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements by conducting cyber threat assessments.
- Develop programs that help customers plan security systems by evaluating network and security technologies, developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices adhering to customer requirements and industry standards.
- Assess existing client security operation centres (SOC) and help them develop an enhanced SOC target operating model.
- Define & develop SOC operational processes.
- Assume a lead role as a trusted advisor for large and complex integrated information security projects.
- Directly interface with the external customer on projects.
- Serve as a strong contributor for the writing of complex and unique proposals, with input and contribution from fellow large deal pursuit team members.
- Present proposals, and develop and present custom collateral to help drive a rich understanding of our ideas and solutions to the customer.
- Support the security service line leaders in executing the different value propositions at your customer.
- Establish a professional working and consultative relationship with the customer, up to and including the C-level for mid-to-large accounts, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the customer.
- Understand the customer’s business, their business environment and their information security needs to develop and tailor the most appropriate solution.
- Work collaboratively with business leaders to align security architecture services and technology, staffing and processes to their organizational strategies and objectives.
- Strategize and create new and innovative security architecture solutions that drive changes for the benefit of our customers.
- Develop and enhance our services based intellectual property through research and customer engagement.
- Achieve a minimal level of consulting chargeability, commensurate with, and for the purposes of our business development goals.
- Readiness to travel up to 50-60%
- Minimum of 10 years of IT security experience
- Minimum of 5 years of security consulting and overseeing security programs in an enterprise environment
- Minimum of 3 years of SOC design and build experience
- Relevant Industry Certifications: CISSP, GIAC, CCIE, TOGAF, SABSA etc
- Experience with SIEM tools: ArcSight, Splunk or QRadar etc
- Proficient experience performing Security Assessments and Writing Assessment Reports
- Previous experience building Enterprise Security Architectures (2,500 or more users)
- Proficient experience building Security Use Cases
- Proficient Technical Writing on Cyber Security
- Project Management experience
- Previous experience presenting Technical Reports to C Level Execs and Technical Resources
Why work with Secureworks?
Life at Secureworks means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology. When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution. Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships. We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfils their potential. Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Secureworks is part of the Dell Technologies family of brands. If you require any assistance in applying for an open position or have any specific requirements to attend an interview, please contact UK_Talent_Acquisition@Dell.com
We are a Disability Confident Committed Employer and aim to ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible. As members of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancies and ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.
Secureworks, a Dell Technologies company, is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.