EMEA Global Alliances, Solutions Consultant - Global Compute & Networking
London, United Kingdom, Remote - United Kingdom (All Other);Remote - United Kingdom (London-Thames Valley)Job ID R039548 Date posted Oct. 08, 2019
EMEA Global Alliances, Solutions Consultant
Global Compute & Networking (GCN)
Remote United Kingdom
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Solutions Consultant in our Global Compute & Networking team in the UK.
Our field sales professionals rely on proactive technical support during the sales process – and our expert Systems Engineering team always steps up to the mark. We lead the development and implementation of complex and specialized products, applications, services and solutions. From delivering sales presentations and product demonstrations, to developing detailed installations or system integration plans, we ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need.
Do you want a technical, consultative pre-sales role that is exciting, dynamic, challenging and rewarding? Within our Global Compute, Networking business unit, we are seeking a Solution Consultant to join our EMEA team focused on supporting our Global Alliance Partners comprised of Systems Integrators, Systems Outsourcers, such as ATOS. DXC, and NTT to name a few.
In this age of digital disruption, companies are looking for new ways to use and consume technology. Ultimately, they are looking to do things faster, better and smarter to improve their business and the value they can offer to their customers. However, this can be extremely complex and bring a variety of challenges. These challenges create opportunities for our Global Alliances partners to innovate and provide new services that will meet these evolving needs.
Here at DellEMC we are expanding our dedicated technical sales team with the objective to forge strong partnerships with defined Systems Integrators and Systems Outsources helping them to develop new revenue streams and services underpinned by our comprehensive portfolio and extensive global sales coverage. The GSI/SO segments are in growth mode and we have aspirations to grow faster than the market. To achieve this goal we are looking for high energy individuals with good technical and commercial knowledge with the ability and desire to think about the big picture and translate this back to the underlying technologies and associated use cases relevant to our partners
As part of the broader DellEMC account-facing team the Solution Consultant will define and deploy Enterprise solutions for our Systems Integrators, Systems Outsources, based on the latest generation of open dis-aggregated and Hyper Converged solutions or best of breed products such as compute, storage and networking.
The role is to offer Strategic advice and see it through to tactical solutions - whether to Build or Buy from our compute and networking portfolio, and the whole spectrum in between.
This will involve:
- Leading technical level discussions around enterprise solutions and IT Transformation building a credible future state strategy on optimised architecture (Technical Account Plans)
- Collaborating/coordinating with multiple DellEMC business units to define and execute the technical account plan & strategy (Core/MDC/DPS/GCN/OSE)
- Contributes to formulating and driving execution of near and long term strategy for respective focus areas.
- Delivering high-impact presentations at client facilities
- Becoming the technical knowledge resource for the sales department and identifying development areas in knowledge levels
- Sizing and building appropriate BOM’s supporting sales through to commercial proposal
- Continuously monitoring the market, associated technologies and competitor trends relevant to our partners and customers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience within a technical field
- Good experience in technical consultative presales of enterprise solutions
- Thorough understanding of servers, storage, associated storage area networks and enterprise software
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with sales teams with the ability to define client solutions through RFI’s and RFP’s
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Fluent English is a must
- Fluent local language German
- Industry certifications such as MCSE, PMI, VMware, EVault, Symantec, Commvault, Openstack
- Previously demonstrable engagements in complex engagements including comprised of VDI, HCI, XaaS deployments/projects
- Previous experience and engagement with Service Providers or GSI’s (Internally or as vendor/alliance partner)
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the technical skills to take our sales to the next level, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.