Sr. Financial Analyst
Toronto, CanadaJob ID 1714988 Date posted Jun. 05, 2019
About Us VIDEO
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
You are extremely analytical and can make sense of complex situations quickly and with ease. You easily identify areas that need further investigation and deeper analysis. You prioritize well, iterate when necessary and have impeccable attention to detail.
- Support Services Revenue team by assisting in financial modeling and presentation support for global services revenue
- Build business relationships and partnering with Services Delivery Leadership teams, providing insights and data analytics to optimise business productivity
- Own weekly reporting of key metrics used by decision-makers and executives
- Review revenue variances such as Forecast vs. Actuals/Plan and Week over Week
- Work with Business Partners to ensure there is alignment between systems for enhanced forecasting and improvement of forecast accuracy
- Continue to improve the Revenue Forecast and KPI reporting
- Ensure financial dashboards are updated in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner
- Working closely with reporting tools (such as Tableau) to effectively visualize data analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2-4 years of financial analyst experience
- Ability to effectively partner cross-functionally with all personnel in finance and non-finance organizations
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to multitask; an independent / flexible problem solver who can cope positively with changes in the work environment.
- Modeling and analytic capabilities
- Extensive knowledge of working with Google Sheets/Excel
- Self-starter, intellectually curious and a fast learner
- Experience with OpenAir, Tableau, and Salesforce is an asset