Service Delivery Management Consultant - Toronto, Canada
Toronto, OntarioJob ID R046080 Date posted Nov. 16, 2019
Service Delivery Manager
Large, multi-faceted, transformational technology projects need senior level managers to drive them and ensure that the various services towers are meeting our customer’s strategic vision – and that’s why we have created the Service Delivery Management team in Managed Services.
We oversee, at an executive level, all points of our complex managed services. Focused on customer experience, completing projects and programs on time, within scope and budget, we define the project value proposition, coordinate our service tower program managers, guide project team members and maintain governance between Dell EMC and the client stakeholders to ensure alignment.
The Service Delivery Manager will drive all aspects of a Dell EMC services program when multiple offerings are involved (Asset Management, Deployment, Service Desk/Helpdesk, Deskside Support, Endpoint Patch Management, Inventory and Logistics Management and more). This individual will validate project value proposition and scope, coordinate communications across the various services towers, and between the Dell EMC teams and the customer. The SDM will also own the overall profitability and success of the program. Keeps leadership updated on project status and risk factors. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Identifies additional challenges in the customer’s IT environment and engages the appropriate parties to pursue these opportunities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees all aspects of the project execution including: deployment plans, training plans, scope definition, requirements gathering, project planning, change management and reporting by leveraging the Project Manager in each specific services tower assigned to the program.
- Responsible for large, complex and global projects and significant components of multiple projects that require high level of functional integration and organizational change management
- Validates project value proposition, scope, and budget for projects/programs
- Conducts periodic reviews to ensure project is on track and conducts post-project reviews
- Ensures all project documentation is kept up-to-date and communicated to relevant stakeholders on a timely basis; communicates with leadership team with required sense of urgency in order to avoid last minutes delays
- Evaluates and implements best practices techniques that ensure goal achievement
- Influences and manages continuous improvement of project/program process, practices and initiatives
- Ensures consistency and adherence to Dell processes, standards, and policies for all projects
- Maintains in-depth awareness of industry trends, business conditions and internal processes and practices to meet program delivery requirements
- Will need to be able to lead & participate on global conference calls during off hours.
- Assist with pre-sale activities such as customer white board sessions and presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years relevant experience; or Master’s degree with 8+ years relevant experience
- PMP Certification
- Very strong project management and organizational skills; ability to understand and guide complex service execution timelines, determine milestones, and drive projects to meet agreed upon milestone dates
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization (globally)
- Able to multi-task to manage both tactical and strategic work streams
- Experience working in a global environment
- Ability to work well as part of a team, sharing research, knowledge and leading practices with other team members
- Ability to adapt to a variety of situations and environments
Preferred/Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of/experience in one or more Service Towers within SDS
- Knowledge of Dell EMC’s transformational approach to solution implementation
- Experience at a Director level or higher in an IT organization
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have what it takes to bring innovative new products and services to life in collaboration with world-class experts, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: xx xxxxxxxxx 20xx.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.