Senior Pre-Sales Specialist (MDC Commercial)
Toronto, CanadaJob ID R027394 Date posted Aug. 09, 2019
MDC Pre-Sales Specialist - Commercial Sales
Why Work at Dell Technologies?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a Fortune 500 company (#35) deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. Take your career to the next level and join our collaboration of bold thinkers who are developing the world’s most advanced modern infrastructure for our customers.
The Storage-FocusedPre-Sales Specialist will provide technical expertise in support of Pre-Sales activities in the assigned region, helping the sales team in gathering requirements, perform analysis, and design fully integrated technology solutions to help our customers to reach their business outcomes. We lead the development and implementation of complex and specialized products, applications, services and solutions. From delivering sales presentations and product demonstrations, to developing detailed installations or system integration plans, we ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need. Technical emphasis is on storage infrastructure platforms that integrate with virtualization, compute, network, storage, management, orchestration, and application requirements, but will also include hybrid cloud, converged and hyper-converged solutions. We are seeking highly technical individuals who are results driven with the ability to influence others to achieve results. This opportunity is ideal for a proven pre-sales professional who can present himself as the technical expert to our internal teams, partners and customers. Finally, while this opening is for a Storage-FocusedPre-Sales Specialist, it will encompass Cloud Solution and CI/HCI technologies discussion.
- Provides technical leadership and serves as a trusted technology advisor to customers and serves as an internal resource on technical issues or specific business applications within an assigned market segment.
- Assist the Account Manager in sales campaigns by developing and proposing solutions that meet the technology and business requirements of assigned customers.
Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision-making process and funding. Complete required pre-sales documentation quickly and accurately.
- Leads technical sales calls and makes technical sales presentations to customer's technical staff and senior management.
- Maintains knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to Dell Technologies solutions, and train the account team. Conducts research & answers questions that arise in a sales campaign.
Anticipates technology and/or market trends and provides guidance on their application to external customers and feedback of business requirements back into Dell Technologies engineering and marketing organizations.
Successfully builds relationships with account team's partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate.
Presents and markets the design and value of proposed Dell Technologies solution and business case to customers, prospects and Dell Technologies management.
- Execute Product Demonstration using Virtual Labs.
- Participate / Lead Proof-of-Concepts Initiatives.
- Get the Technical Win!
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Self-motivated, proactive and understands the importance of a strong sense of urgency reflected through ability to drive customer demand.
- Deep knowledge of data centre technology including primary storage (SAN, NAS, iSCSI, Flash, etc.), converged infrastructure, DR/Business Recovery practises, production operation, etc.
- Industry Certifications in Storage/SAN solution and/or possess detailed technology/industry/product knowledge of enterprise-grade storage solutions.
- Experience in complex sales campaigns focused on data centre solutions.
- Demonstrated strong written & oral communication skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive level technical decision makers.
- Excellent presentation skills in front of all levels of the IT Organization and C-Level audience
- Virtualization and IT automation process experience with VMware on: Storage & Availability, SDDC Platform- and Cloud Management Platform Solutions
- Excellent industry knowledge and ability to anticipate new industry trends
- Good understanding of Dell EMC’s competitors in the area of data centre technology and cloud solutions
- 5-10+ yrs of Pre-Sales experience, be self-motivated , highly energetic, with a strong hands-on, “can do” approach.
- Previous experience with Legacy Dell-EMC Storage a plus, but not required.
- EMC Proven Professional Certification and/or VMware Certified Professional desired.
- Knowledge in multiple areas as it relates to various cloud architectures, AI, ML/DL , Devops, Big Data, etc.
Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic initiatives.
- A high level of business acumen and experience working with Cx0 level personnel, bringing technology solutions to solve business challenges
- Knowledge of ITIL and Service Management, along with orchestration technologies.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the technical skills to take our sales to the next level, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.