Senior Java Platform Architect
Toronto, CanadaJob ID 1813524 Date posted Sep. 04, 2019
About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
You have expertise in changing the software development lifecycle and want to be part of the next wave of cloud native applications. You have extensive knowledge of software development landscape to help the sales and field engineering teams to propose the most optimal solutions for our customers. You also have the desire and ability to travel within your assigned territory. Above all, you have a customer-focused mindset and are a hands-on technical expert to support the sales activities in your region.
Pivotal Sales has a unique opportunity to help some of the biggest brands in major industries create new digital experiences and rediscover the power of software by using Pivotal Labs and Pivotal Cloud Foundry. Our team is growing exponentially as we are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability and building cloud native applications to drive customer engagement.
The Pivotal Platform Architect will be responsible for providing pre-sales deep technical and business expertise for Pivotal Cloud Foundry. In addition, you will have the capabilities to install, connect, and optimize the platform. You will interface directly with customers as well as collaborate with Product Management as a field representative on the development of products and enhancements. You will be responsible for influencing customers to deploy cloud native architectures that leverage modern enterprise frameworks/languages. You will help customers design cloud native data architectures that include traditional database, caching, archival (Hadoop, S3) and other data technologies.
Required Skills / Experiences
- At least 8 years experience as a hands-on software architect ideally in a customer facing capacity
- 3+ years experience in software development, including languages, systems and frameworks such as Spring/Java, Ruby/Rails, Go, messaging (RabbitMQ/AMQP, JMS), RDBMS, NoSQL and Hadoop
- Understanding of cloud application design principles (such as those found at http://12factor.net)
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment technologies such as Jenkins, Concourse, GoCD, CircleCI, Artifactory and Github/Gitlab
- Experience with modern software build tools including Maven, Gradle and Bundler
- Understanding of agile software delivery principles
- Familiarity with Netflix OSS cloud services such as Eureka, Hystrix, Ribbon and Zuul
- Pays attention to software development/architecture trends and new best practices
- Has a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive customer interest in Pivotal technologies
- Understanding of PaaS offerings such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, or similar
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
- Ability to see and present 'the big picture' and offer solutions to make it better
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required
- Experience using and/or developing on a Unix/Linux platform
- Dynamic presence and excellent communications skills
- Analytical ability, problem solving skills and decision-making skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% regionally
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Prior experience presenting to C-Level executives
- Prior technical Pre-Sales experience
- Experience in qualifying sales opportunities
- Understanding of PaaS offerings such as Cloud Foundry, Azure Service Fabric
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
Total Rewards Package
Pay Range: 204,000 - 276,000 CAD
In addition to salary, our total rewards package also includes equity in the form of RSUs, comprehensive medical and disability benefits, employer match on RRSP, fitness reimbursement programs and more!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY GPVTL Canada In (“Pivotal”) is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Pivotal believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Pivotal is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Pivotal will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email AskHR@pivotail.io or call 416-907-9470 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).