Senior Account Executive, Enterprise (Data Protection Services)
Toronto, CanadaJob ID R031643 Date posted Aug. 22, 2019
Dell EMC – Data Protection Solutions Division
Senior Account Executive
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Dell EMC is the world’s largest Data Protection company. Dell EMC Data Protection Solutions (DPS) helps our customers modernize data protection across the shifting IT landscape including traditional on-premise, virtual, hybrid cloud, public cloud and applications born-in-the-cloud. Our market leading solutions drive business agility by enabling our customers to spend less time worrying whether their data is protected and more time adding business value. While traditional data protection solutions rely on one-size-fits-all approaches and point solutions that leave gaps in data protection, Dell EMC delivers a continuum of data protection services—from availability to backup and recovery to long-term archive. We ensure our customers have the right level of protection wherever their data is and whatever infrastructure it is running upon.
Our portfolio brings together industry-leading hardware solutions, including Dell EMC Integrated Data Protection Appliance, Data Domain purpose-built protection appliance, Elastic Cloud Storage, and an industry-leading Data Protection Suite of software including Dell EMC Avamar, NetWorker, RecoverPoint, CloudTier, and SourceOne.
General summary :
We are looking for high-performing sales professionals with a passion for helping customers achieve transformational business outcomes through the use of disruptive technologies and solutions. The ideal candidate will be a specialist in the data protection industry or have a strong desire to be a data protection specialist and have proven capability in selling complex technology solutions. They have the opportunity to learn emerging data protection technologies and industry trends. The successful DPS Specialist demonstrates how our software and hardware technologies solve the complex challenges of protecting data across different use cases including Cloud and Big Data.
- Sales Specialist for selling Dell EMC Data Protection solutions into both acquisition and established accounts, with close interlock to Dell EMC Portfolio account teams.
- Develop and execute territory plan to exceed revenue and growth objectives.
- Execute demand generation activities to build and maintain 3x pipeline coverage.
- Maintains a complete knowledge of Dell EMC products, policies and services using the Integrated Sales Cycle; has specialized training within product and/or service lines.
- Initiates contacts with, and manages difficult/tough prospects utilizing the Integrated Sales Cycle. May assist others with difficult/tough sales and solutions. Often leads a cross-functional sales team.
- Has a strong technical understanding of the Dell EMC offering and knows when to engage SE assistance.
- Operates under considerable latitude. May serve as project or initiative leader.
- Typically requires 8+ years of related experience in a relationship selling role with a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in selling data protection and software-based solutions
- Lead efforts for multiple data protection use cases and Enterprise License Agreement (ELA) & Transformational License Agreement (TLA) software proposals
- Coordinate efforts and resources across marketing, sales, services, and channel resources to maximize results.
- Ability to communicate and share insights with an executive audience that demonstrate Dell EMC thought-leadership in Data Protection
- Possess strong understanding of Enterprise SW Applications, Converged Infrastructures, Cloud Computing and Big Data/Data Lakes
- Ability to articulate relevant business outcomes made possible with Dell EMC DPS solutions at the senior IT and C-suite executive level
- Customer-focused and responsive. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and known for developing strong relationships with clients and partners
- Experience of building strategic account plans and executing on these successfully
- Strong work ethic and an ability to work both independently and in team environments
- Highly developed presentation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage change and negotiate to positive outcomes internally and in client situations
- New Business and business development experience in new and named accounts
- Innovative and creative – examples of making things happen, changing direction, finding the right solutions at the right time for the client
- Ability to present to various sized audiences with considerable gravitas
- Strength in forecasting, accuracy around this and timely management therein.
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.