Product Manager - Concourse CI - Cloud Foundry (Toronto)
Toronto, CanadaJob ID 1819415 Date posted Aug. 12, 2019
At Pivotal we believe in something audacious: the world can — and ought to — build software better. We envision a world where product managers experience meaningful and challenging work, collaborating in an atmosphere of kindness and trust with a diverse set of teammates, developing at a sustainable pace that allows them to “go fast forever.” The workplace should enable teams to be quick and productive, always learning, and always improving.
The world’s most established companies run on Pivotal. The results are transformational. Through adoption of our platform, tools, and methodology, these companies have unleashed innovation and reduced time-to-market.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 3,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
Pivotal and Concourse CI
Pivotal is committed to developing strong, open platforms and building healthy open source communities. We’re founding members of the Cloud Foundry Foundation and continue to be the primary contributor to the Java Spring Framework and other Spring-related projects. Pivotal is also a proud sponsor of the Concourse CI open source project.
We’re looking for a passionate Product Manager who will work in collaboration with the Concourse Open Source Lead to grow Concourse CI. You have seen the power of empowered, balanced teams and believe in Outcomes over Output [video]. You have strong product instincts, but more importantly have an appreciation for and understanding of lean startup, agile and user-centered design values, principles and practices. You are excited by the user and business value that technology that can unlock. You thrive in a complex ecosystem, collecting, sharing and synthesising input from many directions and enabling your team to continuously deliver customer value. You believe in doing the right thing and doing what works.
We believe that teams should spend more of their time delivering incremental value and less on building infrastructure. Hundreds of companies rely on Concourse to meet the needs of millions of their customers. Our engineers embrace Extreme Programming (XP) as a way to go fast forever and deliver remarkable results. Our product managers and product designers work side-by-side with our engineers in small, empowered teams, using Lean and UCD as guides. We measure success by making our customers more productive, as both software developers and platform operators. We spend time with our customers to understand and build empathy for the jobs that they need to get done.
- Collaboratively define and drive product strategy, vision and roadmap evangelizing to all the teams, partners and users of our platforms
- Work with the team to drive product definition, design and prototyping process to discover customer problems and create valuable, desirable and feasible solutions.
- Collaboratively define and prioritize a backlog for your product that continuously delivers measurable value towards the vision
- Help innovate and iterate on agile PM processes and share our insights
- Actively engage customers and the larger open source community of users
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of Agile Product Owner or Product Management experience
- Experience working and collaborating with Open Source communities.
- Product management experience, especially with large scale, distributed products
- Able to breakdown complex problems into simple solutions focused on important customer needs
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Focused on data-driven approaches to solving problems, and accelerating the learning process to validate solutions
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and other partners
- Experience with Lean and User-Centered Design methodologies
- Experience with agile development methodology, ideally Extreme Programming
Total Rewards Package
Pay Range: 113,00 - 145,00 CAD
In addition to salary, our total rewards package also includes equity in the form of RSUs, comprehensive medical and disability benefits, employer match on RRSP, fitness reimbursement programs and more!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY GPVTL Canada In (“Pivotal”) is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Pivotal believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Pivotal is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Pivotal will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email AskHR@pivotal.io or call 416-907-9470 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).