Regional Security Manager (SRO)
Tokyo, JapanJob ID R034134 Date posted Sep. 11, 2019
Regional Security Manager
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day. And we provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Regional Security Manager (RSM) on our Security and Resiliency Organization (SRO) team in Japan.
We are currently seeking an RSM to join our Security and Resiliency Organization – Physical (SRO-P) function. This position is based in one of our Japan locations in the greater Tokyo area or possibly remote within a reasonable geographical area close to Tokyo. Dell’s Connected Workplace program promotes finding the best talent to join our team.
The RSM will join as a key member of the APJ-East physical security team within SRO-P and is responsible for the daily physical security operations throughout Japan. The position reports to the Director, APJ-East and is vitally important to the advancement of our physical security strategy, management, and governance programs. The ideal candidate will have had significant experience as a corporate security practitioner and demonstrate an acute ability to collaborate with numerous customers and clients in the corporate environment. Experience working for a multi-national technology company will be viewed favorably.
- Leadership, oversight, and governance of all physical security programs for assigned campuses and geography
- Collaborate with and provide physical security counsel to all business units and their respective leadership teams throughout Japan
- Partner with other SRO teams and physical security peers to include Cyber Security, Investigations, Enterprise Resiliency, Event Security, Executive Protection and Supply ChainSecurity as required or necessary
- Represent physical security interests and partner with other organizations such as Human Resources, Facilities, Finance, Legal, Privacy, and Ethics & Compliance that support the same assigned campuses and geography in Japan
- Lead and support ethics investigations in Japan in partnership with the Ethics & Compliance organization and regional Legal leadership
- Provide oversight, direction, and counsel to contracted uniform security officer service providers to include those that are remote from primary work location
- Maintain physical security operations within parameters of assigned budget
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent professional experience exceeding 10 years
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing and shifting priorities
- Ability to successfully engage at all levels of the organization across a broad range of cultures – from office employees and security officers to regional leadership and business unit leaders
- Ability to drive moderately complex, organizational initiatives through the influencing of and negotiation with stakeholders who at times may hold competing equities
- Ability to be a strong and compelling voice for challenge when necessary while still maintaining positive relationships with business stakeholders
- Ability to communicate highly technical issues in business digestible terms
- Significant experience conducting corporate investigations across various case types
- Complete spoken and written proficiency of both English and Japanese languages
- Professional security certification(s) i.e. CPP, PSP, etc.
- Experience leading and/or supporting various types of investigations
- Comfortable with globally recognized Project Management processes