Cloud Sales Specialist VMC on AWS
Tokyo, JapanJob ID R1900341 Date posted Jan. 10, 2019
In the Cloud Services team, we are responsible for the success of VMware Cloud Services sales to both Enterprise and Commercial customers. Our solutions include VMware Cloud on AWS.
We are a new team in Japan seeking talented people to join and bring their cloud skills. We thrive on building great truly understanding our clients and building value as we help them achieve great outcomes.
We are passionate about our customers and our team. We're passionate about culture, diversity and flexibility because we know this drives high-performing teams who achieve outstanding results.
Your success will come from your attitude. Are you passionate about phenomenal customer outcomes? Are you curious to find innovative ways of working? Are you authentic, hardworking and transparent?
You will be creating a positive brand around our solutions and building a strong pipeline in your territory to achieve your revenue targets.
As an overlay sales specialist, you will need to be an excellent teammate as you collaborate with VMware's Customer and Partner organizations to handle engagements with new and existing customers.
You're resilient and thrive in new and dynamic environments.
We will benefit from your deep knowledge of the cloud marketplace, Software as a Service and IT environments. Knowledge of VMware’s partner programs and ecosystem will be important for success in the role, and equally a deep thirst for learning.
Do you want to join one of the world’s top software companies and a recognized Great Place to work? We have the solutions, we are passionate about success and nurture extraordinary talent.
- Accountable for achieving revenue consumption targets for VMware Cloud portfolio.
- Demonstrate a robust weekly sales cadence and forecast discipline. A well maintained sales pipeline and territory plans to reach your goals.
- Identify and nurture high propensity customers.
- Drive increased monthly recurring revenue (MRR).
- Collaborate and build tight-knit relationships with core Field and Partner sales leaders to ensure proper engagement with core teams and customers.
- Consultative sales experience especially around the adoption of cloud services in the infrastructure space.
- Lead qualification for all the leads and sales opportunities for Cloud Services within your territory
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team.
- Able to work across multi-functions/multi-individuals to achieve desired results.
- Work closely with the Sales Leaders to ensure that Partner and Inside Sales teams are providing sufficient support and on-track to contribute to achieving bookings and pipeline goals.
Curious, resilient and passionate. You will bring a positive energy to the team and your territory. A seasoned sales professional with in the SaaS, Cloud and hosting markets. You really know and can easily demonstrate your understand of cloud consumption models and solutions.
We work and win as a team. Great teammate a requirement. You love to tell a story. Articulating our capabilities and value in a customer’s own language.
Experience with new product introductions.
You build a balanced sales cadence to develop a robust territory while creating strategic opportunities.
You create and foster great customer relationships.
You feel comfortable in contract negotiations and deal forecasting.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.