Cloud Customer Success Manager
Tokyo, JapanJob ID R1901555 Date posted Feb. 19, 2019
We are looking for a Cloud Customer Success Manager who thrives when supporting enterprise customers in a SaaS business model and who is an expert when it comes to onboarding, adoption, expansion and retention motions. You will have the opportunity to build strong relationships with technical admins right up to senior leadership by creating custom success plans and delivering QBRs remotely or onsite as needed. You can help build our CSM practice while assisting customers in achieving their business outcomes with some of the most disruptive technologies on the market such as VMware Cloud on AWS. We would love to have you on our growing team.
Customer Value Realization
* Primary responsibility for understanding customer’s roadmap and use cases, becoming a trusted advisor to assist them realizing their on-prem or cloud strategy including challenging customers to think in new and creative ways that enable them to maximize value.
* Manage assigned customers and serve as the first line of contact, post-sales and prior to production.
* Proactively Identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business goals and work with the product team to build a risk mitigation plan.
Customer Champion and Advocate
* Ensure customer needs and challenges are communicated and understood by Executives and functional teams.
* Drive resolution of problems or critical issues for assigned customers by aligning appropriate resources, including professional communication with all stakeholders
* Anticipate future customer needs and proactively reach out to resources at VMware to address them
* Meet with customers on a regular basis to proactively monitor deployment velocity and work towards addressing any deployment blockers.
* Create a Customer Success Plan that tracks milestones and measure progress against the same
* Proactively take actions for customers below threshold health score
* Leverage CS analytics for identifying predictive indicators of churn and take mitigating actions
* Conduct periodic touchpoints to measure customer satisfaction and product deployment levels
* Monitor Customer Health Score in CS platform
Adoption and Customer Retention
* Share customer feedback with BUs and R&D for product development
* Gather case studies and identify customer references.
* Proactively review customer consumption and billing to help customers optimize their investment
* Deliver successful customers to the contract renewal cycle and, where necessary, support the renewals process to minimize customer attrition.
* Help to identify, generate and facilitate additional revenue leads and share with the account team.
* Drive organic growth and expansion within assigned accounts
* Lead upsell efforts by identifying additional use cases and positioning new solution offerings to clients
* Demonstrated track record of successfully managing complex customer relationships in a technology service industry
* Excellent communication skills, including with internal and external stakeholders and all levels of management.
* Proven record of driving issues to resolution with great customer satisfaction
* Ability to manage multiple customer accounts, projects and deadlines simultaneously
* Strong interpersonal relationship building skills
* Willing to be a hands-on contributor and a proactive team player
* Ambitious and driven, thriving in a demanding and fast-paced environment
* 5+ years of customer success experience preferably in SaaS organization.
* 4-year degree required
* Ability to travel up to 30% as needed
* Experience in change management, decision making, planning, and process improvement/business transformation.
* Previous customer success experience in a SaaS organization