Tokyo, JapanJob ID R90687 Date posted Mar. 04, 2019
Sales Consultant – Dell EMC Upgrades
The Sales Consultant (SC) role is a customer, partner and sales facing role, responsible for driving Upgrades revenue through a defined set of targeted accounts. Aligned by region or country, the Sales Consultant is responsible for delivering the Upgrade element of the EI plan. To do this, the SC will work collaboratively with Upgrades and EI Product Marketing teams to ensure effective execution of programs, enablement of core sales teams and the conversion or development of high value accounts.
This is an omni-channel role and the SC will work across GTMs while prioritizing routes to maximize our opportunity.
This is a sales role and reports directly into our GCN organization but a strong dotted line will be maintain to our EI regional leader and teams.
These are regional or country level roles with a 50% travel expectation.
- Responsible for Delivering the regional or country level Upgrades plan.
- A customer facing role with responsibility for converting or developing high server install base customers that show poor or no penetration for our Upgrades Portfolio.
- The SC will work with our core teams, ensuring that the customer understands and values our offering. The objective being to drive revenue and high levels of profitability.
- Responsibility for enabling our core sales team. This person will consistently re-enforce the value proposition and drive sales programs through our internal sales teams.
- Responsibility for enabling our channel partners and monitoring performance to ensure compliance with our Upgrades strategy through resellers and distributors.
- Responsible for contributing to the Global Product Offering design for Dell EMC Upgrades.
- Responsible for the development or contributing to the development of enablement tools/programs
- Responsible for analysis of customer and segment data.
- Works in close collaboration with the broader EI sales teams to ensure that we achieve optimum Penetration Rates for Dell EMC Upgrades (vs Server Install base) and Attach Rates for Extended Technologies at Point of Sale.
- Development of sales enablement tools for sales training and support
- Establishing, tracking Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for sub-set of Enterprise Infrastructure portfolio and customers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Computer Science equivalent. Advanced degrees or MBA preferred.
- Must have at least 4-6 years of customer facing sales experience.
- Strong understanding of Dell EMC Upgrades and the Enterprise Infrastructure portfolio
- Must have superior communication and writing skills and must be a confident public speaker
- Must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy plus sales programs creativity
- Must be able to interface effectively and establish credibility at senior technical and procurement level.
- Strong objection handling skills with an ability to reinforce the Product Offering Value Proposition while also solving for genuine objections through product offering enhancement (logistics, supply chain, product portfolio, product positioning and price).
- Ability to shift quickly from driving a long term strategy to achieving short term tactical goals.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.