Senior Presales Systems Engineer
TexasJob ID R034677 Date posted Sep. 12, 2019
Advisory Systems Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Systems Engineer on our Pre Sales team in Texas.
Our field sales professionals rely on proactive technical support during the sales process – and our expert Systems Engineering team always steps up to the mark. We lead the development and implementation of complex and specialized products, applications, services and solutions. From delivering sales presentations and product demonstrations, to developing detailed installations or system integration plans, we ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need.
- This position defines the overall Dell solution for the customer and makes presentations on all aspects of company products and services.
- Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products and services to meet customer needs.
- Prepares detailed product specifications for the purpose of selling high end product and solutions.
- Conducts customer needs analysis.
- Provides project scoping.
- Coordinates internal specialists and inter-department activities.
- Assists sellers in creating demand for product.
- Requires a high degree of technical competency to respond to customer needs and to discuss product capabilities and applications with technical users/buyers.
- Customarily and regularly engaged at client facilities and delivers high impact presentations leveraging strong technical skills.
- At this level, supports highly complex and high value accounts exercising wide latitude to determine objectives and approaches Gains access and manages relationships with senior level executives and IT decision makers Devises new approaches/methods to selling enterprise/client products and services Verifies operability of highly complex product and service configuration within the customer’s environment that addresses critical issues Identifies and allocates roles and responsibilities required to support account team Synthesizes market, industry and competitor data to anticipate how external factors will influence the position of the solution and makes decisions that impact the long term success of the business Creates formal networks internally and externally with industry experts and key decision makers Leverages third-party and/or the Channel to create and position the solution Assumes leadership role in analyzing requirements and performing advanced systems integration and providing technical expertise to design and implement solution across breadth of Dell and third-party products and services Senior level sales engineer with expert understanding of complex products and services portfolio Leveraged as coach/mentor to others Provides customer/industry/market insight to internal leaders and cross-functional groups Qualifies the most complex sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding Presents the design and value of proposed solution and business case to customers, prospects and management at the executive level
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the technical skills to take our sales to the next level, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.