Resource Deployment Manager, Advisor
Remote - Texas, United States, Remote - Virginia (COUNTY - All Other)Job ID R040281 Date posted Oct. 15, 2019
Resource Deployment Manager, Advisor
Location: Remote (Anywhere in the USA)
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Resource Deployment Manager, Advisor on our RSA Netwitness Professional Services team.
Delivering technology for a changing world calls for a flexible workforce. Our Resource Deployment Manager team within Professional Services coordinates, plans and schedules the requisite number of global professional services employees for client engagement projects within a defined geography or practice. Working with other Resource Managers to source and share additional resources, we collaborate in the development of processes and systems to track, identify, task and plan resources for project work.
Coordinates, plans, and schedules mid to large-sized number of Global professional services employees to specific client engagement projects within a defined geography or Practice. Partners with other Resource Managers to source and share additional delivery resources for effective resource utilization. Collaborates in the development of processes and systems to track, identify, task and plan resources for project work.
- Manages calendar for multiple disciplines including technology implementation, partner, and possibly hybrid maintenance support
- Uses established network of internal contacts across multiple geographies to identify resource availability
- Identifies and assigns available resources based on needed expertise and customer dynamics to participate on pre and post-sales activities
- May provide input to the development of resource staffing needs and forecasts for current and incoming projects
- Under management supervision, has responsibility to proactively consult with Project Manager or customer-facing body to discuss the option of using partner resources
- May contact partner organizations for less complex engagements Prepares, maintains and submits progress reports and time recording reports
- Collaborates with management to do tactical and strategic resource plan for an offering or service line Provides staffing and skill set forecast information to Management
- May independently identify the type of technical and business resources needed, assembling teams that are qualified to perform the work and financially aligned with project budget and schedule plans
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong cross-Functional skill
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability to work in a team environment
- Strong understanding of business environment
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- MS Excel Experience (pivot tables, vLookup, MatchIndex, macros, etc)
- Experience in the IT industry
- Experience in Project Management methodology
- Understanding of financials and accounting
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the resource management skills to make complex projects run smoothly, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: xx xxxxxxxxx 20xx.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.