Manager of Systems Engineering – DPS Specialty
TexasJob ID R16146 Date posted Feb. 28, 2019
Dell is a collection of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We believe in working together to build a brighter future, celebrating the entrepreneurial spirit that lives inside us all, and marrying innovation with action. Dell is proud to offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
We currently have an opening on our US Presales Data Protection team for an experienced Manager, Systems Engineering. This role will be managing a team of presales engineers and can be located anywhere within the West Or MidWest region of the United States with the ability to work from home and travel within that region.
• Manages all activities of the pre-sales resources. In conjunction with sales and Services management develops strategies to direct resources toward the largest and most profitable Dell EMC opportunities.
• As a business partner with sales management, manages the organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and alignment of all technical resources with clear divisional services bookings and product revenue goals.
• Provides advice and counsel to sales management in the effective use and deployment of technical resources. Must maintain close alignment with sales, Services Delivery management, and other management functions.
• Effectively articulates externally and internally once Dell EMC GTM strategy.
• Inspects account penetration strategies including account specific product and service sales plans for all accounts.
• Uses knowledge of competitive solutions to help the sales and technical organizations to propose the most optimal Dell EMC solution for the customer thereby allowing the sales and technical organization to effectively address and dispel customer objections to the proposed solution(s).
• Develops business networks across the organization and customer based in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate. Executes programs for the SE community Inspects technical sales plans
• Insures that sales and technical organizations are properly aligned to achieve objectives and TCE. Management of the technical resource plan for the District Inspects configuration and documentation of Dell EMC software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives.
• Ensures compliance of presales documentation. Internally qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding. Orchestrates and leads District Sales and Services Leadership Meetings.
• Develops IDP for direct reports Responsible for bookings. Manages escalations and follow through until successfully resolved. Possesses strong, detailed product/technology/industry knowledge.
• Knowledge of job associated software and applications. Maintains strong understanding of the competitive landscape within the respective territory. Typically responsible for a several districts or large area.
• 10+ years of experience managing a team of presales professionals
• Detailed product knowledge. Previous hands-on experience in the data center environment, with expertise spanning storage, BRS, virtualization, convergence, Cloud and/or Big Data
• Customer focused.
• Communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively with senior management.
• Ability to manage in a matrix environment.
• Ability to influence others to achieve results.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers