Business Consultant Architect
TexasJob ID R94801 Date posted Jul. 11, 2019
Business Consultant Architect
Remote North America
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Business Consultant Architect on our team in Remote Texas.
Join Dell and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
We’re proud to be in the solutions business at Dell. And our business solutions are built on deep analysis and insight. Our Business Operations team within Business Support develops solutions to current and future challenges. We support activities ranging from marketing and manufacturing to maintenance and more. We define scope and objectives based on a thorough understanding of end users, business needs and processes. From analyzing, evaluating and documenting requirements through to specifying solutions, we strive to improve processes and maximize potential.
- The fundamental purpose of this role is to establish and maintain a cutting edge proactive, predictive, self-healing, automated, service desk less managed services ecosystem.
- Client Deployment and Management Technology Expert: Be the global client technology expert in current and emerging client deployment and management technologies.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the business drivers, emerging capabilities in the client technology space.:
- Identify new services capabilities and technologies that distinguish Dell in the marketplace by solving key customer business problems.
- Assist with defining clear Points of View on what client technologies will benefit our customers the most and how those technologies should be adopted.
- IP Development: Take an active role in either managing or developing proofs of concept to demonstrate new client technologies.
- Work closely with Product Management to help define technical requirements for implementation of proven new client technology into service offerings.
- Typically requires 12+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8+ years with a Master’s degree; or 5+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience the IT industry
- Technology specialization across PC’s, client deployment, and client management
- Strong knowledge of application packaging, factory configuration services, managed deployment, deployment automation, and systems management
- Strong affinity for developing processes, templates and tools for use by a wide audience
- Experience with customer facing presentations and demonstrations to C-level audiences
- C#, .Net, Angular JS, Node JS coding skills
- ServiceNow development experience
- Client asset and life-cycle management experience
- Cloud and Server experience
- Non-PC platform deployment and management experience
- Workspace One implementation and management experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.