On-Site System Engineer
McLean, VirginiaJob ID R035826 Date posted Sep. 17, 2019
Senior Principal Engineer - Washington DC Metro Area,
Join one of the best kept secrets within DellEMC. Our Federal Division is looking for a Senior Principal Engineer to represent our Enterprise Solutions across DellEMC Federal customers.
DellEMC Federal is committed to attracting and retaining exceptional individuals who want to work for an exceptional company. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability - people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our clients' success.
A career as a Senior Principal Engineer is one which is truly exciting, highly dynamic, challenging and very rewarding. This position is a technical solutions role that supports our Sales Teams and represents our Enterprise Solutions such as Cloud offerings, Hyper Converged, PowerEdge and Dell Networking
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Principal Engineer supporting our Federal Team.
Our Product Technologists play an essential role in creating technologies that drive human progress. Using our in-depth product knowledge, we provide pre-sales technical expertise for the development and implementation of complex products, applications and solutions. We’re relied upon to deliver sales presentations and product demonstrations to sales staff and customers and provide technical input into bid proposals. We also assess the potential of products to meet customer needs.
– Work with field sales account teams within our sales division to help drive and grow the enterprise business within their specific customer account set
– Devise new approaches/methods to enterprise solutions/products and services
– Analyzes customer requirements, performing advanced systems integration and providing technical expertise to design and implement solution using the breadth of DellEMC products and services
- Verifies operability of highly complex product and service configuration within the customer’s environment
- Qualifies highly complex sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements and competition
- Presents the design and value of proposed solution to customers
- Works with customers in complex business environments to devise new and innovative solutions to business challenges
- Anticipates customer needs beyond existing scope of enterprise/client products and services
– Work with account teams to identify the customer IT decision makers and key influencers within the agency in order to build trusting customer relationships that enable DellEMC to become primary partner of choice for enterprise technology solutions
– Identify and overcome the technical barriers associated with the customers IT decision making process with a focus on delivering solutions that meet/exceed the IT and Business requirements of our customers which often times are highly complex enterprise solutions
– Previous 8-10 years of experience in Data Center design and IT solution architectures
- 3 years or more of customer facing experience preferably with federal customers
- Technical knowledge on any VMware solution vSphere, vSan, NSX
- Working knowledge of datacenter technologies including Compute, Networking, Storage and backup solutions
- System "Hardening" for Federal Customers
- Ability to travel 25%
- VCP-DCV 6 Certification
- Experience with Federal Intelligence Community Customers
- VxRail and Dell server experience
- Scripting experience ie. Redfish and ansible
- Linux administration
- Dell Compellent
- Windows Hyper-V and AD
– BS Degree or experience equivalent
- Maintain industry certification as applicable
This position requires an active TS security clearance.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can act as a technical authority in a ground-breaking business, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.