sr. systems engineer
Taipei,Taipei City, VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.Job ID R1912524 Date posted Oct. 22, 2019
Senior Systems Engineer
Will work directly with the VMware Strategy Account Sales teams/BU Team, and directly with customers to increase the footprint of VMware products/solutions/service in cloud computing environments.
As a VMware Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for driving the technical sales cycles to ensure customer success and revenue goals derived from VMware, especially big/strategy deals in the selected accounts.
You will be completely focused on selling the value of VMware products/solutions/service.
• Architect VMware vision and technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to executives, technical management and technical engineers.
• Work collaboratively with BU team to analysis the technical Gap and business justification about products’ features and functions
• Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of cloud computing and networking, new applications, modernize Digital workspace, industry directions, and trends.
• Maintain working knowledge of competitive architectures.
• Assist sales in preparation of architect design, proposals, statement of work, and supporting documents for prospects.
• Maintain, grow, and leverage technical pre-sales relationships with key partner field organizations and VMware System Engineers.
• Understand and articulate the impact of digital to a customer’s IT infrastructure, operations,management, security and future architectures.
• 10+ years’ experience in technology related work, including pre-sales systems engineer or customer-facing engineer working on large scale enterprise, federal and service provider environments.
• 5+ years’ experience in Tel/FSI/Gov industry or related vendor’s industry support, including pre-sales systems engineer or customer-facing engineer working on large scale enterprise, federal and service provider environments.
• Understand what it takes to be a successful pre-sales systems engineer.
• Startup mentality - “whatever it takes”.
• Core values and traits o Integrity o Independent, yet a huge desire to give back to your team o Passionate about technology and its impact on customers o Competitive by nature
• Social intelligence to see the political dynamics of any customer situation.
• Enthusiastic and charismatic presentation skills.
• Hypervisor hands on and architecture experience in at least one of the following: VMware / Container/ OpenStack
• Experience or good understanding of any of the following cloud management systems: SDDC, Multi Cloud,Hybrid Cloud,Container,Networking and Security...
• Understand Cloud/datacenter topologies and common architectures deployment
• Ability to communicate with CIO/IT Architects
• Translate customer requirements and quantify them to bring back to product/solution
• Must be comfortable and have a desire for hands-on duties supporting customers during product demonstrations, training, and PoCs
• Ability to run SDDC Proof of Concepts onsite with customers and project manage the entire activity