Sr. Principal Wireless Engineer
Taipei, TaiwanJob ID R39908 Date posted Jul. 16, 2019
Sr. Principal Wireless Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Sr. Principal Wireless Engineer in Taipei.
Our Electrical Engineering team puts the spark into the full hardware development lifecycle, from concept to production. It takes experts in system architecture definition, design, analysis, prototyping, sourcing & the debugging and validation of layouts or routes to deliver state-of-the-art products for a changing world. We work closely with designers, cross-functional teams within Dell and suppliers to make sure electronic designs meet a range of requirements, including schedule, feature set, functionality and quality, as well as industry standards.
As a senior principal engineer, the successful candidate will possess a high degree of technical competence in next generation Wireless WAN (WWAN) mobile technologies to lead and manage the integration of next generation wireless solutions into Dell's PC client portfolio. Responsibilities will include:
- Define, document and clarify solution technical requirements
- Drive wireless program execution requirements with technology partners, ODMs and module manufacturers
- Manage, review and report program status and progress against planning objectives
- Respond and resolve product testing and field issues working with partners
- Support technical engagement and collaboration with key WWAN carrier partners
- High degree of competence in WWAN (3G, 4G/LTE and 5G) cellular mobile technologies, including RF design and communication protocols
- Strong knowledge of WWAN industry (PTCRB, GCF), mobile carrier testing/certification and regulatory requirements.
- Experience in working with and managing ODMs and radio module partners on PC platform development, integration and validation activities
- Knowledge of HW/SW debug methodologies and tools
- Experience in radio performance evaluation, testing and validation
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows, communication driver model and PC platform architecture
- BA or MS in Engineering with 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work within a cross-functional global engineering team and build and maintain relationship internally and externally
- Ability to communicate clearly (written and oral) with excellent program management skills
- Successful track record of delivering highly innovative communications products
- In-depth experience with Linux OSes and driver implementation
- In‐depth knowledge of WLAN & WPAN radio technologies
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can spark the delivery of state-of-the-art products, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.