Senior Principal Product Development Manager
Taipei, TaiwanJob ID R045081 Date posted Nov. 12, 2019
The Product Development Manager will manage people for product development programs or projects involving department or cross-functional teams. Teams are focused on the delivery of a product or computer-based system from the design process through finished state for external customers. From a technical perspective, monitors the product/program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with key stakeholders (e.g. the Core Team) on technical matters. Assigns and monitors work of staff, providing technical support and direction.
- Directs the efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the group.
- Leverages technical skills in driving the team toward the appropriate design of the customer technology solution.
- Organizes intra- and inter-organizational activities ensuring completion of the product/program/project on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Responsible for the Engineering interface to the Core Team, interacting with Marketing, Finance, Services, Quality, Factory Operations, Procurement, and Program Management to produce the product/program/project.
- Leads the communication with all appropriate extended teams and ensures they are informed and in agreement with all activities needed for the product/program/project/ solution to succeed.
- Responsible for the leadership and management of project execution.
- Leads process improvement initiatives in addition to managing day to day project execution.
- Stays informed and knowledgeable of current and future technology/engineering trends within area of responsibility.
- Analyzes and addresses gaps in go-to-market technical collateral.
- Develops budgets, schedules and performance requirements for team members.
- Builds long-term development and succession plans.
Skills & Competencies:
- 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 8+ years of leadership experience
- Advanced technology/engineering skills relating to design, test and quality
- Strong understanding of business goals and objectives as they relate to customer use cases and solutions