Senior Principal Product Development Manager
Taipei, TaiwanJob ID R040952 Date posted Oct. 16, 2019
Owns product development and manages activities for a specific product or group of PC-related products from product definition and planning through production, release, and end of life. Ensures program and product development meets business objectives and customer needs including Cost, Features, Schedule, Quality, Continuity of Supply, Fulfillment and Solution. Leads cross-functional teams for a specific product or group of PC-related products including Marketing, Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, Finance, Services and ODM Engineering which encompass functions such as Electrical Board Design, Mechanicals, Software, BIOS, Peripherals, Power, Test/Validation, and Regulatory.
• Establishes clear objectives and deliverables for each program that support the LOB’s business.
• Review and evaluate Marketing requirements, Technical / Product requirements, Business requirements, and drive alignment and approval across functions and organization.
• Acts as primary point of contact, leads the cross functional team and ODM Engineering to build a comprehensive program plan to deliver product/solution and meet business requirements
• Establishes working relationships and influences at the Manager, Director, General Manager, Vice President, and Senior Vice President level.
• Subject matter expert in product development processes, product/solution areas, and customer needs and usage.
• Builds effective, high performance cross-functional teams and provides ongoing performance feedback to functional management and ODMs.
• Manages risks and issues through effective contingency planning, mitigation and escalation (when appropriate).
• Manages and communicates program changes post Plan Exit to ensure cross functional/organization alignment.
• Identify and review lessons learned, ensures cross-functional teams communicate and implement post mortem findings proactively as preventive measure.
• Consolidates all Program and Engineering related documentation in compliance to Dell Phase Review Process (PrP).
• Determines and manages program development budget.
• Supports Services, Quality and International Product Support teams in addressing field quality and customer issues
• Supports and responds to requests for product / feature enhancements including qualification of new components for continuity of supply.
Masters or Undergraduate degree, with at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Strong Intellectual capacity with excellent technology/engineering skills relating to design, test and quality.
- Excellent understanding of business goals and objectives as they relate to customer use cases and solutions.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills driving cross functional alignment
- Strong Cross-functional team management, strong interpersonal skills and adaptive communication style
- Ability to view situations objectively from different perspectives
- Ability to frame situations and make/drive decisions
- Ability to resolve Complex problems, drive for results, innovate, think and lead strategically