Product Operations Principal Engineer (Networking)
Taipei, TaiwanJob ID R043350 Date posted Nov. 14, 2019
- Represents Worldwide Operations & ODMs from a Network product perspective.
- Creates factory/ODM strategies and plans for Worldwide Operations based on product plans and roadmaps.
- Utilizes metrics to improve new production, introduction process and product quality, at launch and throughout life of the program.
- Ensures Operations achieves Ready to Ship Release and transactions into production/sustaining.
- Utilizes Offer Lifecycle Process (OLP)/Phase Gate Process to transition products from definition through to the sustaining phase.
- Drives action plans and strategies to reduce overall manufacturing transformation cost.
- Drives quality improvements by risk assessment/mitigation eliminating sources of defects in the design, supplier, new product introduction and manufacturing processes.
- Drives continuous improvement in OLP process, product manufacturability and flexibility, and operations cycle time and quality.
- Engages management and teams to determine feasibility/potential of projects
- Decides which projects to work on; establishes leader buy-in as needed; leads project team to deliver results as committed; communicates updates and status to all associated partners
- Expands the scope of the task cross-LOB as well as globally
- Plans and leads worldwide initiatives without explicit guidance Develops and manages project plans to manage comprehensive, complex subjects with long term scope; leads, tracks and reports progress of project across multiple organizations and across functions; defines key resources required for project; identifies gaps and analyze risk of project
- Sets priorities based on critical need for the business; anticipates implications associated with a chosen course of action; escalates when priorities compete
- Determines root cause based on complex data and prevents recurrence
- Active participant in core team and leads discussions in developing actions and plans
- Active participant in extended team and leads discussions in developing actions and plans
- Active participant in ODM discussion in developing actions and plans
- Understands and mitigates launch schedule and tradeoffs ID’s complex NUDDS (New, Unique, Different and Difficult) and develops mitigation plans
- Develops and manages FP (Functional Plan) for complex product launches
- Develops with some guidance build guidelines for engineering and production builds Develops containment and root cause for moderate/complex excursions & develops mitigation plans
- Develops GC (Golden Configs) or complex products Develops BOMs (Bill of Material) for new products with medium/high complexity
- Some detailed understanding of global networking &/or computer productions industry.
- Various engineering discipline and development / manufacturing process knowledge.
- Advanced command skills to assist in the implementation and execution of programs and initiatives.
- Sought out for expertise in advanced / current technical knowledge; viewed across organization as technical leader Deep understanding about industry standards and competitors’ like products.
- Understands specific product and advanced product specifications and is able to create and communicate Operational requirements as related to those specifications independently.
- Provides leadership for ensuring that product designs and operational processes are optimized Able to identify, prioritize and influence absolute requirements into product designs Resolves complex issues and coaches others on tradeoffs.
- Leads and provides coaching for product / process reviews Resolves conflicts and tradeoffs for mitigation of issues and risks.
- Provides key leadership between Suppliers and factories, Drives 5Cs process with SQE, Suppliers to resolution.
- Makes supplier recommendations regarding factory operations elements Actively participates on supplier selection and negotiation team Leads operations team to achieve operational improvement initiatives across multiple supplier / Dell Factories / Dell Product Group teams.
Education & Experience:
- Typically requires 8+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6+ years with a Master’s degree; or 3+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience