Keyboard Senior Principal Engineer
Taipei, TaiwanJob ID R39978 Date posted Jul. 02, 2019
- Supplier / ODM enablement and advance engineering initiatives:
- Enable ODM Keyboard engineering capability.
- Driving the resource of Keyboard engineering in ODM.
- Provide first to market opportunities to Engineering, Marketing, and procurement.
- Provide Keyboard technology leadership and guidance to ODMs and technology providers (TP s) on complicated problems.
- Support RFQ activities:
- Define / Review / Revise Keyboard specification s and related test documents.
- Provide the technology recommendation and solution in planning stage.
- Join w/ global Keyboard core team for Keyboard sourcing recommendation.
- Keyboard suppliers Management:
- Standardization of global Keyboard suppliers’ specification to mitigate the effort for Dell.
- Supply chain engagement to facilitate the First to Market opportunities for Dell.
- New Keyboard supplier selection and enablement.
- Provide critical issue solving support as needed to platform development team
- Consultant to internal Dell cross function support for Keyboard issue solving.
- Own Keyboard change management control for sustaining
- Work with technology providers, suppliers, and ODMs to enhance technical and resource capability to support demands of Dell future product strategy and roadmap.
- Guide ODM and technology providers to innovate in technology solutions that offer enhanced and or new features and services to Dell
- Engage with advanced platform engineering teams and represent Keyboard engineering at various technology forums.
- Participate in supplier business and roadmap reviews
- Own the implementation of post mortem action plans with suppliers and ODMs.
- Manage and drive closure of customer/sustaining issues.
- Product/commodity value analysis and value engineering for cost down opportunity.
- Provide supports to Quality, Service, and other support teams for Keyboard related issues and questions.
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES
-Excellent Keyboard technical skills and strong ability to provide leadership and guidance.
-Knowledge in Keyboard technologies
-Must be able to interact closely with cross functional global engineering teams and ODM partners.
-Strong ability to work with technology providers and develop new and foster existing relationships.
-Strong program management skills with excellent priority setting skills and strong initiative and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
-Ability to communicate clearly through oral and written communications across global organizations. Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment, present clear and concise information to team s and customers.
-Ability to lead extended teams and meet deadlines.
- EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
-As a senior level individual contributor, the successful candidate will possess a high degree ME of technical competence and expertise in Keyboard products, especially in the area of design, functionality, integration and technical specifications.
-Bachelors ME with 10+ years in Keyboard related experience.
-Fluent in English communications.
-Excellent knowledge about Keyboard designs, production, quality, and industry status.
-Excellent engineering leadership skills and ability to work across global organizations.
-Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
-Solid background in development processes, product test and auditing/reviewing of process capability.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.