Electrical Senior Principal System Development Engineer (Networking)
Taipei, TaiwanJob ID R86883 Date posted Jun. 14, 2019
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We believe in working together to build a brighter future, celebrating the entrepreneurial spirit that lives inside us all, and marrying innovation with action. Dell is proud to offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Member of the System Architectural Product Development team that will be responsible for all system and architectural aspects of hardware product development. Primary duty is the investigation and system architectural definition of products for the Networking group in Dell providing the highway for the digital transformation. Ability to work in partnerships with software, CTO and other architects within and outside Dell to define the best in class products.
- Designs and defines system requirements for networking systems, and/or prepares studies and analyzes existing systems.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. Coordinates design of subsystems and/or the integration of total systems or multiple functions.
- Technically proficient in all network architectures including datacenter, telecommunication, enterprise and service provider
- Interface w/suppliers, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing, quality, tooling engineering and other development groups to ensure the successful development and launch of new products.
- Ensures assignments are completed within schedule and cost objectives
Skills Experience Requirements:
- Masters degree or above in Electrical or Computer Engineering is preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in hardware or embedded system design, implementation, and debugging with processor, memory, and I/O subsystems
- Previous system architecture experience in datacenter, enterprise or telecommunication
- Strong organization and communication skills in multi-discipline environment
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and analytical skills, ability to work independently or in a team. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to estimate and schedule projects.
- Fluency in English language.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.