Electrical Senior Principal Engineer
Taipei, TaiwanJob ID R043507 Date posted Nov. 11, 2019
Responsible for the design and development activities associated with electronic designs. Leads all activities necessary to take a design from concept to production including: architecture definition, analysis, schematic design, sourcing, simulation, works with ECAD (Electrical Computer Aided Design) for physical board layout/route, validation, debug, and test issue prioritization and resolution, and field and factory ramp support. Works with the design team, cross-functional teams and suppliers to ensure the design meets set requirements for: schedule, feature set, functionality, cost, continuity of supply, quality, reliability, regulatory compliance, and industry standards compliance.
- Proven track record of end-to-end system development from conception to mass production (incl. architecture definition, design, production, support, de-bug, etc.).
- Cross-functional knowledge of consumer electronics engineering development areas relation to user experience and industrial design.
- System level electrical design with strong capability / understanding of:
- Electrical specifications, schematic, block diagrams and other technical documents
- X86 architecture(s) and interfaces (incl. peripheral and high-speed)
- Electrical simulation tools and models
- PCB layout and construction
- Analog and digital circuit theory and principles
- Write and analyze design and architecture specifications
- Failure and root cause analysis
- Analyze prototype performance
- Familiarity with design for high volume manufacturing
- Engineering discipline and rigor.
- Individual Characteristics:
- Strong English communication required – verbal and written. Ability to present technical content and share information to key stakeholders.
- Team player with strong collaboration across cross-functional teams, internal and external to the organization.
- Demonstrate creativity and adapt quickly with technical agility to high dynamic environments and new technical areas.
- Enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven. Ability to work independently and manage deliverables.
- Program management or people management experience preferred
- 10+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar function). Master’s degree (preferred).