Consultant, Tech Program Management
Taipei, TaiwanJob ID R034586 Date posted Sep. 11, 2019
As Program Manager Consultant you are responsible for leading cross-functional product design teams to develop and introduce products and solutions to our external customers with the right features, customer experience, quality, schedule, cost, continuity of supply, service capability and sales volumes/financials.
- Responsible for leading the worldwide management and execution of cross-functional programs throughout the product/solution lifecycle using the Offer Lifecycle Process (OLP). For products/solutions in development, the Program Manager leads a core team through definition/requirements, planning, development, and launch.
- For shipping products/solutions, the Program Manager leads a sustaining core team to manage feature enhancements, quality, continuity of supply, etc. The Program Manager leads the execution of the Offer Lifecycle Process (OLP).
- Assisting in the integration of complex business factors to develop and implement long-term strategic business or market segment objectives is required.
- In some cases, the Program Manager interacts with sales organizations and/or customers to communicate organizational information, strategies, capabilities etc. to aide business acquisition
- Leads cross-functional, World Wide core team(s), kicks off programs, establishes schedules and drives meetings.
- Drives the core team to meet or exceed program objectives (Cost, Quality, Schedule, Features, Fulfillment/Continuity of Supply, Solution delivery across products & service offerings, and Customer Specific Needs).
- Prepares core team and extended teams for internal and external ISO Audits for Dell to maintain ISO Corporate Compliance. Manages audit process and drives for success.
- Establishes clear objectives and deliverables for each program that support the LOBs business. A Program Manager is often expected to manage multiple programs in parallel.
- Develops Phase Review deliverable document(s), schedules timely executive review, and delivers phase reviews along with interim updates. Tracks progress, reports status and makes necessary corrections to achieve program objectives.
- Establishes working relationships and influences/persuades at the Manager, Director, General Manager, Vice President, and Senior Vice President level.
- Subject matter expert in product development processes, product/solution areas, and customer needs and usage.
- Builds effective, high performance core teams and provides ongoing performance feedback to functional management.
- Leads the cross functional team to define the product/solution definition and requirements.
- Manages the creation, review and approval of the Product Requirements Document and Phase Exit materials.
- Works with core team and executive leadership to establish quality and customer experience goals for the program.
- Works with the core team to establish plans to achieve the quality and customer experience goals Drives the creation, review and approval of the Program Plan.
- Manages major risks and issues through effective contingency planning and proper escalation.
- Ensures core team members communicate post mortem findings to the appropriate departments. Attaches each phase exit document lessons learned and review lessons learned for the next phase.
- Manages and communicates program changes post Plan Exit.
- Analyzes and reports actual performance vs. Program goals.
- Drives team to deliver quality results at, or better than, quality goals.
- Manages non-product or solution cross business initiatives.
- 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Presents, communicates, and ability to influence LOB business leaders.
- Leads multiple high visibility programs moderately complex in nature (technology, organizationally).
- Lead/develop department level or moderately complex process initiatives or business strategy.
- Demonstrates ability to grow cross-functional team members by identifying develop opportunities.
- Contributes to business results through quality of results, advice and decisions.
- Advises and councils key leadership on the latest principles, practices, and/or technologies and their practical application.
- Influences a broad spectrum of stakeholders toward achieving business goals.
- Develops mutually beneficial strategic alliances with customers.
- Decisions are strategic in nature, have long-term consequence, and tend to relate to business strategy, financial performance and effective resource utilization.