Platform Architect (Pre-Sales), ANZ
Sydney, AustraliaJob ID 1806668 Date posted Aug. 07, 2019
The Victoria tech industry is seeing a new-found revival and is on the cusp of an entrepreneurial revolution fuelled by its first generation of startup heroes. Bigger players in Australia are opening innovation labs to collaborate with partners and startups in order to build communities. Pivotal is located in the heart of the Melbourne CBD close to the Bourke Street Mall. This is an ideal location for inspiring the next generation of software companies.
About Us VIDEO
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
We live by our Values.
- Do the Right Thing
- Do What Works
- Be Kind
These are the values that our Pivots live by and form the cornerstone of the way we work, collaborate and help our customers transform the way they build software. If these values resonate with you, read on.
We have a unique opportunity to help our customers transform using Pivotal Labs and Pivotal Cloud Foundry and we are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability and building cloud-native applications to drive customer engagement.
If you have expertise changing the software development lifecycle and want to be part of the next wave of cloud-native applications we would like to talk. We are looking for a customer focused, hands-on technical expert to help implement our platform and help customers modernize their software delivery lifecycle.
- Present Pivotal vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management. Capable of public speaking and presenting in front of customers, at user groups, etc.
- Work with sales team to develop and implement account penetration strategies and drive the adoption of Pivotal solutions within strategic accounts and partners throughout pre-sales and post-sales collaboration
- Qualify sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision-making process and funding.
- Use knowledge of competitive solutions to help the sales and field engineering teams propose the most optimal solution for the customer
- Configure and document Pivotal software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives. Participate in RFx and POCs. Complete required documentation.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technical Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of Pivotal products
- Comfortable in new situations with new clients. Experience building distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and cloud-based architectures.
- Travel within your assigned territory is required.
- Expert knowledge of Unix/Linux systems
- Knowledge or experience with cloud providers and infrastructure as a service
- Clear understanding of cloud service and deployment models
- VMWare vSphere/ESXi/ESX, OpenStack, Azure, GCP or AWS (leveraging EC2, EBS, S3 etc.) experience
- Experience in network administration, production database support or website support
- Knowledge and experience with building and deploying enterprise or cloud scale applications based on Java (or equivalent languages) required
- Knowledge and experience in Datacenter Operations
- Experience with production systems and dealing with production issues
- Comfortable in Java (or equivalent languages), with significant experience with Java SE and Java EE
- Experience with the Spring Framework is a very strong asset
- Analytical ability, problem-solving skills and decision-making skills
- Customer focused and results driven
- Good command of spoken and written English
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Kubernetes or container orchestration experience
- Docker experience
- Experience in software selling promoting devops and/or development tools
- Experience with a platform as a service product such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, or similar
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, BOSH, Terraform or related automation/orchestration tools
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (NewRelic, Cacti, Graphite, Logstash, Nagios, Ganglia, Splunk, vCOPS, Hyperic, etc)
- Experience in qualifying sales opportunities
Pivotal offers a competitive compensation/benefits package, diverse and inclusive work environment, flexible work arrangement, contributions to communities, and a culture that encourages empathy, learning, transparency and innovation.