Storage Presales Engineer - (f/m/d)
Stuttgart, GermanyJob ID R32787 Date posted Apr. 26, 2019
Storage Presales Engineer - (f/m/d)
The Modern Data Center (MDC) begins with IT infrastructure and a fundamental shift from building infrastructure to buying everything possible and building only unique value to your business. Converged Infrastructure reduces the time and the cost of deploying, configuring and managing hardware and software components separately and increases time to value for IT investments. We are investing in people who are as passionate as we are in delivering outstanding value and first class experiences to our customers. If you enjoy the challenge of building a career within a dynamic and evolving global technology organization - bring your ideas, creativity and ambition to MDC. Success happens here and we want you to be a part of it.
The Systems Engineer provides expert level technical leadership and direction to customers and internal staff in the development of technology solutions to support sales activities for the Storage products in the MDC portfolio (VMAX, XtremIO, Unity, Compellent, VPLEX, Connectrix etc..)
- Assists in the analysis, design, sizing and development of fully MDC technology solutions. Technical emphasis is on hardware capabilities, software requirements and systems integration and application workflow solutions.
- Responsible for driving the strategy and implementation of technical sales for products and services in assigned markets typically in complex, global, and highly critical accounts.
- Assists the Sales and Pre-Sales teams in developing account penetration strategies for All Flash opportunities, and producing account specific product, service and sales plans.
- Leverages knowledge of competitive solutions to address customer objections to DellEMC solutions.
- Executes technical sales. Plays a visible leadership role in the acceleration and adoption of emerging products and services.
- Configures and documents DellEMC software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives. Completes required pre-sales documentation quickly and accurately.
- Qualifies sales opportunities with an understanding of the customers technical requirements, competitive threats, the decision making process and the available funding.
- Presents and markets the design and value of proposed DellEMC solutions and business cases to customers, prospects and DellEMC management.
- Assists in the development of responses to customer requests and proposals as required
- Possesses detailed product/technology/industry knowledge.
- Deep knowledge of data center technology including primary storage, converged infrastructure, DR/Business Recovery practices, production operation etc. (beneficial on Dell EMC products)
- Excellent presentation skills in front of all levels of the IT Organization and C-Level audience
- Self-motivated, proactive and understands the importance of a strong sense of urgency reflected through ability to drive customer demand within district
- Excellent industry knowledge and ability to anticipate new industry trends
- Good understanding of Dell EMC’s competitors in the area of data center technology and cloud solutions
- Virtualization and IT automation process experience with VMware on: Storage & Availability, SDDC Platform- and Cloud Management Platform Solutions
- Related sales and technical experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to become an expert in some of the tech world’s most innovative offerings, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.