Client Solutions Technologist
Stockholm, SwedenJob ID R029386 Date posted Aug. 16, 2019
Client Solutions Technologist, Client Solutions Group
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Client Solutions Technologist in Sweden and across the Nordics.
Our Client Solutions Technologists play an essential role in creating technologies that drive human progress. Using our in-depth product knowledge, we provide pre-sales technical expertise for the development and implementation of complex products, applications and solutions. We’re relied upon to deliver sales presentations and product demonstrations to sales staff and customers and provide technical input into bid proposals. We also assess the potential of products to meet customer needs.
- Work closely with senior leadership and executives in core Sales and Marketing to ensure that all teams are working effectively together in delivering client solutions with the optimal technology for our customers
- Responsible for ensuring that customers are well aware of the Dell Client Solutions portfolio of products, services and ecosystem, with primary focus on the CSG strategic lines of business (Lattitude, Optiplex, Precision Workstations, Rugged, 2n1 devices, Large Format Displays and management products such as Dell Command Suite and Workspace One)
- Responsible engagement with customers and Dell internal stakeholders for large bid/RFP opportunities for client products (Optiplex, Latitude, Precision Workstations, Rugged, 2n1 devices and Large Format Displays, Client Peripherals)
- Leads C-Level conversations with key customers onsite, at the Executive Briefing Center as well as local Dell Solution Centers, representing the broader CSG team in regular updates to core sales leadership & executives
- Work closely with Product Group (PG), CSG Field Marketing and Product Line Manager resources, collaborating on CSG activities, programs & campaigns
- When not traveling for customer meetings, the Client Solutions Technologist is expected to work very closely (i.e. daily interaction) with both CSG Specialty and Commercial sales leadership on development of ongoing/future CSG sales opportunities and sales enablement
- 10+ years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree
- Understanding of the Commercial business environment, sales structure and culture, including unique segment/sales vertical requirements
- Subject matter expertise in all CSG lines of business, including:
- Latitude, Optiplex, Precision workstations, Rugged, Peripherals and displays, security and manageability solutions
- In depth understanding of Client Technology Trends, with ability to host Business Impact discussions
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Sales Operations & Fulfilment organizations and related teams/processes
- Master's degree and 8+ years of relevant business experience in the IT industry (Sales, Sales Operations or Product Engineering sales experience strongly preferred, particularly on global accounts)
- 5+ years of formal customer-facing activities, with proven results influencing technical conversations and aligning customer needs to solutions in the EUC portfolio
- 5+ years of relevant Dell experience (Sales, Sales Operations or Product Engineering and strong understanding of the Dell sales structure, culture and ethos
- Proven ability to operate successfully in high-stress environments
- Willing to travel up to 80% of the time in the region and some travel across EMEA in support of Dell customers
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Life at Dell - https://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/uscorp1/corp-comm