Strategic Partner Business Manager
Staines-upon-Thames, United KingdomJob ID R1910059 Date posted Jul. 04, 2019
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights. If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
The Strategic Partner Business Manager (SPBM) will be responsible for account managing and selling to some of the largest and most strategic Solution Providers/Resellers in the UK in order to develop strategic relationships and dramatically increase the revenue driven through each partner. The ideal candidate will have proven success building and running a complex enterprise business with and through partners, and will be highly skilled at translating strategic objectives into a clearly defined, executable business plan. This is a highly visible role and candidates should have proven I.T. Channel credibility and recognition.
This position is a field based role to manage the efficacy of the partnerships of our most strategic partners; delivering revenue growth above the growth rate of the country, and across multiple parts of the portfolio. The ideal candidate will be able to build a long-term strategic engagement with named partners, become a trusted advisor to those partners and be able to affect investment decisions. They will also have a track record of getting results through managing virtual teams and successfully orchestrating resources both internally and externally.
- Create strategic relationships with senior decision makers within our key partners and ensure they are mapped to VMware management.
- Develop Business Plans with all partners, and align goals and objectives consistent with corporate strategy. Align sales, marketing, and services activities against these goals.
- Present to and educate the key influencers at the strategic partner to ensure they are including VMware in their recommended solutions/proposals to customers.
- Work closely with the sales segments and regional sales leaders to execute partner plans.
- Accountable for sales & marketing activities with our partners, ensuring they have the necessary and active support from VMware to be successful.
- Map VMware channel organization to VMware corporate organization, ensuring free cooperation and communication.
- Carry revenue targets for the Enterprise business through Solution Provider Partners across the country.
- Recruit/ Enable / Develop and engage with solution provider partners for opportunity identification, progression and closing.
- Drive partners to achieve VMware business goals.
- Activate the solution provider partners – by getting the partners to conduct activities that build their pipeline or help them close business.
- Create and maintain plans for a select set of managed partners to ensure that VMware’s business goals are met and at the same time, partner profitability is compelling enough to keep the partner engaged in our business.
- Ensure that Partners are leveraging all VMware programs to improve their engagement and loyalty with VMware.
- Drive partners to generate leads and acquire net new customers.
Other attributes include and not limited to:
- Develop trusted relationships with partners based on strong business metrics
- Understand each partner's business strategies, motivation and identifying VMware's unique proposition for each partner
- Work with partners to engage in proactive sales opportunity generation, pipeline management and deal closure
- Leverage partners to identify and drive new product and solutions opportunities
- Organize joint business development activities, within the organization’s prescribed guidelines
- Leverage partners to maintain VMware's existing install base of customers and products and where possible, grow VMware's footprint within Enterprise accounts.
- Develop, manage and measure partner performance through detailed business planning and regular reviews against the plan
- Develop and customize tactical sales programs and promotions leveraging each partner's unique value propositions
- Ensure that all partners are kept fully informed on all relevant VMware initiatives, activities and product and solution developments through regular updates
- Provide partner with training on VMware products and services
- Manage channel conflict in the most efficient and effective manner
- Meet assigned financial targets
- Provide accurate forecast sales potential between VMware and partners
- Adhere to all aspects of VMware business policies and procedures
- Be responsible at all levels for overall partner relationships and satisfaction
- Fully understand channel and market drivers to determine program/promotion activity
- 10+ Years of work experience in the IT industry, with a minimum of 5 years in Software Sales.
- Significant exposure to Channel/Partner sales or Direct sales with an Enterprise Vendor, especially in the key Enterprise verticals.
- Proven experience in working with major global/local distributors and resellers
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Solid, proven, relevant experience required including:
- Good organisational skills.
- Significant Field Channel Sales and Strategic Partnership development.
- Demonstrable innovation.
- Creation and execution of partner plans and programs.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Executive presence and credibility.
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding assigned goals and targets.
- Good attention to detail and reporting skills.
- High level of interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Energy and passion.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.