Senior Product Manager
Staines-upon-Thames, United KingdomJob ID R1904044 Date posted Mar. 15, 2019
Part of the global Professional Services Engineering and Remote Delivery (PS ERD) organization, the Professional Services (PS) Tools team focuses on elevating the capabilities of VMware Professional Services and partners through bespoke tools that automate, simplify, and accelerate the sale and delivery of professional services. From foundational tools like VMware Capacity Planner to new SaaS applications that enable online transacting of services, these tools drive value throughout the VMware ecosystem. As a Sr. Product Line Manager, you will own product strategy and execution for several tools within our PS Tools portfolio, defining and delivering on product roadmaps, requirements gathering and backlog management, feature prioritization, release management, enablement, and the like. You will work directly with stakeholders, end users, developers, UI/UX, QA/QE, project managers, product owners, and your fellow Product Managers to maximize stakeholder value by defining and driving product roadmaps using evidence-based approaches. Additionally, you’ll draw on your Product Management experience to identify opportunities for improvement on our PS Tools team, spearheading transformative initiatives which will keep our team on a path of continuous and impactful innovation.
- Work closely with the global VMware PS organization, related field-facing PS support teams, VMware Engineering/R&D, partners, etc. to understand PS needs for automation and tooling support. Collect these requirements and consolidate into a product backlog, working directly with stakeholders to maintain backlog and prioritize requests
- Translate stakeholder requirements into clearly documented, actionable user stories, collaborate with dev. team to ensure use cases and related requirements are well understood, and work with stakeholders to address any questions/barriers to development.
- Work with other product managers within the VMware Engineering/R&D organization to feed stakeholder requirements into core product roadmap, helping shape the direction of future VMware product releases
- Develop and deliver programs and related collateral to ensure our users are properly enabled to use our tools with maximum effectiveness and efficiency
- Build and cultivate relationships with a broad cross-section of our field teams
- Manage license requests for products and tools, and conduct follow-up interviews to identify product strengths and weaknesses
- Maintain weekly status dashboards and communications, as well as produce quarterly look-backs to show utilization trends
- 5+ years Product Management experience, with a deep understanding of the entire product lifecycle
- Knowledge of the Professional Services world, preferably from having previously been in a PS role (e.g., Consultant, PS Project Manager, etc). It is imperative that you understand the voice of the field.
- Background in the high-tech industry, with at least 3 years of hands-on experience in systems and datacenter administration.
- Proven analytical skills and strategic thinking. Demonstrated ability to develop creative / non-traditional solutions
- A passion for and proven track record of consistent execution.
- A true team player who lives and breathes collaboration, transparency, communication, and positivity.
- Experience working as a part of a global organization, and a willingness to adapt accordingly (i.e., being aware of differing cultures, working across multiple time zones, occasional international travel, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to translate technology features into business benefits. Previous experience interacting with and presenting to C-level executives.
- At least a fundamental understanding of VMware products, the business challenges they solve, why customers buy them, etc. You do not need to be an architect-level technician, but understanding how our products help customers is essential.