Senior Director, Education Sales & Delivery, EMEA
Staines-upon-Thames, United KingdomJob ID R1905759 Date posted May. 14, 2019
The Senior Director, Education Services Europe Middle East & Africa (EMEA) will manage, develop and lead the Education Services business in EMEA. This role is expected to grow the Customer Education Business by increasing number of students trained and certified across the region. This includes working in partnership with the VMware Sales teams and the VMware Channel Organization whilst implementing the global Education strategy. The role is fully responsible for the Education business’ direct and channel business in EMEA and has full P&L responsibility.
The Education Services business is part of the Professional Services business and provides a complete outcome based solution to VMware customers. This role reports into the Global VP Education Services with a dotted reporting line into the EMEA VP for The Professional Services Organisation.
This person will manage the Field Education team as well as having responsibility for all Education partners and subcontract instructors.
Key Focus Areas:
• Drive, implement and increase Education business, proliferation and long term strategic goals for Education Services in EMEA
• Work with the Professional Services EMEA team to drive joint sales and engagement
• Develop a business partnership with the EMEA leadership team and enhance the relevance of education BU in the Licence Sales business
• Develop strong relationships with our Regional & Global Training Partners to incrementally grow the customer education business.
• Develop the delivery model in EMEA to reflect the global strategy
• Manage and nurture a diverse team of managers for Sales, Delivery and Partners
• Build a strong relationship with the Global Education team to ensure that the Education business in EMEA has its interests represented.
• Instrumental in discussions around localization and local adaptation of the roadmap
• Plan and execute strategies to increase adoption of Vmware technologies in the Academy curriculum across the region
• Ensure adherence to contractual agreements, and work with legal to ensure localization of global roll-outs in line with local laws.
• Ensure execution quality and instructor capability towards achieving mandated customer satisfaction and feedback scores.
Requirements: (Knowledge, skills, and abilities)
• At least 10 years’ experience in Education P&L Management within an IT software or hardware organization
• At least 5 years of responsibility managing a multi-lingual and multi-cultural team
• A proven track record of growing an Education Business across a region
• A proven track record of key KPI results
• A strong background of both external customer training.
• A proven track record of working with Education delivery and sales training partners
• Financial Management able to effectively manage Cost, Revenue and Margin
• Good commercial awareness, able to structure commercial arrangements with the support of our legal department and within the bounds of our legal requirements.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Excellent understanding of technology and relating the value to a customer’s business requirements. Although not a technologist, the candidate will be able to understand the technical issues surrounding VMware products and technologies.
• A firm understanding of the channel eco-system including Systems Integrators, Distributors & OEMs
• Be a natural team player and have a desire to work with others for broader success
• Be able to operate successfully in a rapidly changing environment
• Positive attitude, self-motivated and persistent
Key Performance Measurements
• EMEA education revenue, margin and bookings
• Numbers of students trained and certified
• Training growth across multiple modalities, channels (direct and partners) and regions.
• Integration of education in license engagements thereby increasing customer investment in training.
• Drive long term strategic relationship with customers with the help of Education managers and Channel management
Desirable Personal Characteristics
• Drive, Passion, Curiosity
• Honest with High Integrity
• Team Player
• Strong Leadership
• Focused and Committed
• Planning & Organizing