Staines-upon-Thames, United KingdomJob ID R1903432 Date posted Mar. 06, 2019
We are seeking a highly experienced Executive Assistant to provide support to Senior Director acting as key and trusted member of staff and instrumental in the efficient and organized management of the SDDC business.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for the coordination of all activities (operations and planning), ensuring timely flow of information to and from the Senior Directors office. They will be entrusted to manage highly confidential and critical information, and must be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment. They will have a proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks with competing priorities, screen and prioritize communications and opportunities from external and internal sources, and organize and maintain an efficient schedule at all times.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, organized, and able to support cross-functional coordination in a fast paced environment. They must also possess excellent judgment, communication and interpersonal skills. Experience working within a matrix structured organization would be preferable.
• Manage and maintain the Senior Directors schedule; optimizing time, proactive planning, prioritization of meetings
• Scheduling of all private meetings, dinner reservations, medical/dental appointments, general administration on a day-to-day basis
• Coordinate complex travel arrangements and itineraries including pre-trip planning meetings
• When the Senior Directors hosts meetings: Prepare agenda in advance; assist with and provide research/background information, content development, and creation/collation of presentations and coordinate meetings
• Ability to proactively anticipate Senior Directors needs/goals and plan meeting schedule and activities (months/quarters in advance) to allow executive to achieve those goals
• Arrange and coordinate internal team meetings, events and off-sites throughout EMEA including arrangement of logistics, meeting space, catering and communications.
• Attend all internal team meetings (travel within EMEA when necessary)
• Attend annual VMworld EMEA event, provide onsite support to Senior Directors as well as other C-level executives as needed
• Monitor, respond to and delegate incoming emails
• Screen phone calls, assist directly with inquiries or refer callers to appropriate person for handling, exercise judgment to prioritize
• Proactively escalate issues that need the immediate attention of the Senior Directors
• Prepare and submit the Senior Directors expenses in accordance with company reimbursement requirements and policies
• Screen team expenses ensuring they are in line and comply with company policy
• Receive and interact with internal and external visitors
• Help coordinate agendas for C-level and Senior Executives travelling
• Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary
• Responsible for adhering to company policies and procedures and set an example to others
• Develop and demonstrate a solid working knowledge of the company, its structure, key personnel and policies and procedures
• Handle confidential information in a professional and discreet manner
Knowledge & Requirements
• Proven experience supporting C-level Executives with experience working with Senior Leadership teams
• Experience of large IT technology companies
• Experience of working as an Executive Assistant in an international organization
• Extremely strong organizational and detail-oriented skills
• Highly proficient in MS Office
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication and social skills
• Ability to stay focused, efficient and effective in managing multiple priorities under pressure
• Professional demeanor and presentation
• Strong attention to detail with a commitment to high quality work
• Confident with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, management and outside contacts
• Ability to take the initiative and be proactive
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
Provide holiday cover for 2/3 other EA’s on regular basis
Before you join, VMware will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role considering its nature, seniority and other relevant factors.