Sr. Software Engineer, IEO Systems Management
St Petersburg, RussiaJob ID R90851 Date posted Feb. 13, 2019
Senior QA Automation Engineer, IEO Systems Management
Saint Petersburg, Russia
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior QA Automation Engineer in our IEO team in Saint Petersburg.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Dell EMC’s IEO (Infrastructure Engineering & Operations) organization provides a set of shared services for engineering labs and engineering teams across all divisions of ISG, supporting product development. The Systems Management Team within IEO has team members in Russia and Ireland and is responsible for delivering security automation for multiple device types in engineering labs across the globe. Our goal is to provide an enterprise-level service to device users and lab managers. This enables them to secure their devices from vulnerabilities in a self-service manner at a time of their choosing, whether on a per device level or in bulk. Although the service leverages multiple underlying technologies to achieve its goal it will be presented seamlessly as a single service and single experience to users and lab managers.
- Participate in analyzing and clarifying requirements and come up with QA documentation (test strategy, plans and test lists) to deliver quality features
- Contribute into QA automation activities by implementing new tests, updating and fixing defects in existing ones
- Perform regular QA cycles (both manual and automated parts), analyze the runs results, file bugs and create QA reports upon that
- Participate in cross-geo communications between team members
- Contribute into documentation for the team and share the knowledge with peers
- University Degree with a major in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Proven QA experience (QA theory, test design, etc.), preferably in testing RESTful API
- Proven programming experience preferably in the QA automation area
- Hands-on knowledge of Python
- Experience working with both SQL and noSQL databases, especially MongoDB and Cassandra
- Experience with deploying applications into container environment, especially Cloud Foundry
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.