Isilon Corporate Advisory Engineer
Chicago, Illinois, St Louis, Missouri, United StatesJob ID R036369 Date posted Sep. 24, 2019
Michael Dell was famously quoted, “When you stand at the center of technology, you stand at the center of human progress; and there’s no place I’d rather be.” If this vision motivates you, and you have skills, experience and passion around helping execute business outcomes with technology, we’re searching for people like you.
The Corporate Advisory Engineer (CAE) team is a PreSales resource providing deep technical support to the field Sales teams, Unstructured Data Solutions Systems Engineers and Partner community. We are a conduit to and from the field to Engineering, Product Management, Technical Marketing, the Solutions Alliances team and executive staff. We maintain close ties with our counterparts on the Corporate Systems Engineering team, leveraging their skills and contacts when needed in order to provide answers to difficult technical questions posed by Dell EMC customers.
Deep technical experts on DELL EMC Isilon and NAS
Trusted technical Advisor to DELL EMC Isilon customers and field sales teams
Serve as the pre-sales escalation resource for the Unstructured Data Solutions (UDS) team
Ensuring the technical win
Core Job Functions:
- Acting as a two-way conduit between the field & customers and Engineering, Product Marketing, Technical Marketing, Professional Services, etc.
- Consulting on Corporate initiatives and channeling product and program information from Corporate to the field - new release rollouts, workstreams, documentation, majors program, etc.
- Working with Engineering, PMs and leading-edge customers to be on the forefront of new technologies, applications and workflows
- Providing deep technical resources beyond the UDS SE organization
- Being the trusted technical advisors to Corporate and Field sales
- Mentoring and enablement of field Systems Engineers across DELL EMC and the Partner community
- Aligning with Specialty PreSales/Sales management, BUS (Channel Enablement), Core Sales, etc.
- Supporting strategic POC engagements
- Providing detailed roadmap information to field sales and our customers
- Strategic engagement in EBCs, QBRs, forums, etc.
- Being an extension of the Field CTO Office
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.