Advisory Systems Engineer - MDC Enterprise Preferred
Minneapolis, Minnesota, Remote - Minnesota, United States;Remote - Missouri, United States;St Louis, Missouri, United StatesJob ID R038348 Date posted Oct. 03, 2019
We are the elite IT Infrastructure sales Engineering team with a passion to lead our customers on their journey to modernize, automate, transform, and simplify their Data Center Strategy. We achieve this through the use of innovative and trusted compute, storage, and networking solutions that enable multi cloud environments.
We are looking for Presales Specialist to join our Modern Data Center Enterprise Preferred team. This position is responsible for support sales and market share achievement across Dell EMC's portfolio of storage, converged and hyper converged products.
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Our field sales professionals rely on proactive technical support during the sales process – and our expert Systems Engineering team always steps up to the mark. We lead the development and implementation of complex and specialized products, applications, services and solutions. From delivering sales presentations and product demonstrations, to developing detailed installations or system integration plans, we ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need.
- Works with Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies, produce account specific product and service and sales plans.
- Maintains knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to Dell Technologies solutions, and train the account team.
- Anticipates technology and/or market trends and provides guidance on their application to external customers and feedback of business requirements back into Dell Technologies engineering and marketing organizations.
- Successfully builds relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate.
- Leads technical sales calls
- Configures and documents Dell Technologies software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives.
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
- Presents and markets the design and value of proposed Dell Technologies solution and business case to customers, prospects and Dell Technologies management.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Industry Certifications in Storage, SAN and/or HCI solutions.
- VMware or other Hypervisor certifications a plus, but not required.
- Previous experience with Legacy EMC Storage a plus, but not required.
- 8-10+ yrs of Enterprise Sales Engineering management experience, be a self-motivated leader, highly energetic, with a strong hands-on, “can do” approach.
- Deep expertise in VMWare or knowledge of next generation storage architectures: SAN, NAS or iSCSI.
- Knowledge of distributed computing, virtual memory subsystem and scale-out storage architecture is a plus.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment. If you have the technical skills to take our sales to the next level, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.