Data Protection Sales Specialist - NSW Enterprise
St Leonards, AustraliaJob ID R73976 Date posted Oct. 15, 2018
Data Protection Sales Specialist - NSW Enterprise
Dell EMC’s Data Protection Solutions are enabling organisations to embrace Digital, IT and Workforce Transformation by ensuring their data is protected across all workloads, whether they be in Public or Private cloud environments. Dell EMC’s Data Protection Solutions are proving to be of significant value to customers and partners alike as they look to embrace a Multi Cloud strategy without compromise. This role is critical to the success of our customers and ensures that they get to experience the complete capability of Dell EMC’s Data Protection Solutions, how they fit into the Dell EMC portfolio and enables them to realise the full potential of their transformation journey with minimal risk.
The successful candidate will be passionate about the ever increasing value an organisation’s data holds and the value that protecting that data provides to a businesses brand, reputation and viability to its customers. Dell EMC’s Data Protection business continues to redefine Data Protection with innovative solutions for Public Cloud, VMware and Big Data workloads. This innovation has made Dell EMC’s Data Protection business increasingly relevant and valuable as organisations look to a market leader to solve one of their biggest challenges: How do I realise transformation and the opportunities the technology sector provides today without compromise?
The role will require analysis, design and development of fully integrated technology solutions with the broader Dell EMC team. Sales and technical presentations to partners and customers is required. Understanding of Dell EMC Data Protection Solutions, competitive technology, business applications and technology trends within the assigned market will also be key. This role will be supported by Dell EMC’s extensive Partner and Account teams so that we work together to create, drive and enable Modern Technology adoption within the defined territory.
1. Grow revenue within defined territory:
Work with defined customers to identify challenges that Dell EMC can solve.
Deliver successful and referenceable customer outcomes with measurable customer value within the defined territory.
2. Increase Dell EMC portfolio attach % within defined territory
Align to Hyper-Converged and Modern Infrastructure GTM
Ensure Data Protection message and architecture is in each GTM
3. Increase share within defined Enterprise territory
Identify net new Data Protection opportunities
Deliver referenceable, data driven case studies each year
Partner extensively with partner ecosystem and technology alliances
Dell Technologies Culture Code
1. Customers - We believe our customer relationships are the ultimate differentiator and the foundation for our success.
2. Winning Together - We believe in and value our people. We perform better, are smarter, and have more fun working as a team than as individuals.
3. Innovation - We believe our ability to innovate and cultivate breakthrough thinking is an engine for growth, success, and progress.
4. Results - We believe in being accountable to an exceptional standard of excellence and performance.
5. Integrity - We believe integrity must always govern our fierce desire to win.
1. Efficiency – Able to produce siginificant output with minimal wasted effort. Engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate. Qualifies sales opportunities with team in terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
2. Honesty/Integrity – Does not cut corners, earns trust and maintains confidences through delivering outcomes. Speaks plainly and truthfully. Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in customer and partner ecosystem. Develops trusted and productive relationships with account team, partners and customers in support of team objectives.
3. Organisation and planning – Is accountable for self-organization, deal by deal and Quarterly/Annual performance vs. goals. Takes responsibility for mistakes and corrects behavior. Gets tasks done on time and with quality. Meets assigned targets and strategic objectives in assigned territory.
4. Intelligence – has a proven track record of being able to see through the challenge and identify ways to achieve the objective with consistent and sustainable outcomes. Seeks teaming opportunities with other Business Units or Strategically Aligned Businesses such as VMware to better deliver value to customers.
5. Attention to detail – does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project and follows through on commitments. Provides accurate visbility into the business through extensive use of SFDC. Has a customer obsessed focus on providing accurate data and proposals to ensure our customers experience the best possible outcome with full transparency for their investment.
6. Persistence – demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done. Effectively addresses and dispels customer objections to Dell EMC solutions. Presents and markets the design and value of proposed solutions and business cases to customers and sales or technical teams to identify the opportunity for mutually beneficial customer outcomes.
7. Proactivity – acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
8. Calm under pressure – understands the bigger picture and value of driving a consistent and sustainable business and does not let short term goals get in the way of long term success.
9. Strategic thinking/visioning - Technically capable with appropriate knowledge and understanding of Dell EMC's Direction & Strategy, Value, Solutions and Products. Can identify opportunities within customers and partners to maximise their business growth and value. Has a strong understanding of key customers’ business & associated industry trends. Understands functions and implications of major applications being used in customers' environments and industry.
10. Work ethic – possesses a strong willingness to get the job done within a team environment.
11. High standards – expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
12. Enthusiasm – exhibits passion and excitement over work and Dell EMC’s Data Protection portfolio. Has a can-do attitude. Is commited to our customers and to the outcome.
13. Communication & Listenting skills – speaks and writes clearly and articulately. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication including email. Communicates well and can present ideas logically and with impact, including ability to present confidently to an audience from all levels within an organization. Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints. Communicates proactively across multiple teams to drive outcomes, accountability and effective use of time.
14. Teamwork – reaches out to colleagues to establish an overall collaborative working relationship. Develop account and territory plans in partnership with team to identify opportunities, areas of focus and investment. Executes on plans as part of the greater team to sell and implement Data Protection Solutions and deliver referenceable outcomes in the market.
15. Persuasion – Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
16. Cultural fit – Our culture matters in how we run the business, how we go to market, and how we lead each other. It describes what we care about, the things in which we’re willing to invest and the rules that define us as a team. Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us.
17. Results focused – Leverages data to gain insight and make informed decisions to generate consistent and sustainable growth. Understands the need to achieve financial results and drives to outperform the market and the goal.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you relish the prospect of championing innovative products direct to significant customers, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.Apply now!
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.