Associate Consultant - RSA Professional Services
St Leonards, AustraliaJob ID R027020 Date posted Aug. 09, 2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Graduate Consultant in our RSA team.
RSA Professional Services is focused on helping customers across all industries achieve a return on their investment in RSA’s products, through the end-to-end delivery of consulting and technical solutions, and by supporting and enabling RSA’s partners to deliver their solutions.
This role is dedicated to the RSA Archer product software suite. The role requires a strong Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) focus. The successful candidate will work as a consulting team member in the development of technical RSA Archer software solutions for our customers within the RSA Archer APJ Professional Services team. In relation to RSA Archer customer projects, this may include services as listed below.
While the role is focused in Sydney, some travel may be required where customers are based in other states or countries in the APJ region.
- Works on-site or remotely as part of a team to deliver RSA Archer software solutions to our customers.
- Represents Dell/RSA Archer in a professional manner to customers, partners and other personnel at all times.
- Installs the RSA Archer application on customer infrastructure and assists with troubleshooting.
- Configures the RSA Archer application in accordance with the approved technical design, RSA Archer configuration best practices and delivery methodology with guidance and support from senior consultants.
- Tests, troubleshoots and integrates RSA Archer configured solutions, including complex configuration and implementation of RSA Archer with various external customer applications.
- Assists with transitioning solutions to business-as-usual operations, including change management, knowledge sharing, documentation, issue resolution, and post-implementation support activities.
- Under moderate supervision, applies varied technical and business skills and develops experience in the RSA Archer software solution and delivery with increased business acumen.
- Develops and maintain a strong understanding of the RSA Archer services portfolio and the underlying technologies and delivery methodology.
- Achieves and maintains RSA Archer Administrator Certification through online and class-led training.
- Interacts with external customers and end users through the project team and project leads with moderate direct interaction. Supports the RSA project manager while assigned to active customer engagements.
- Maintains effective time recording and management in accordance with published procedures. Keeps project managers and the RSA Archer Practice Manager informed of activities, alerting them of any issues promptly.
- Travels as required, typically up to 20% within Australia and the APJ region.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline and 0-2 years of relevant work experience.
- A good understanding of business process, web forms-based data capture, workflow, data integration (CSV, XML, API), and databases (preferably SQL).
- Excellent verbal and written English skills, including developing technical documentation and operational guides.
- A good understanding of information, application, and network security. For installation work, it is important to have a good appreciation of IT platform components such as Windows Server, IIS, MS SQL Server, including clustered and HA environments, system administration and monitoring.
- Experience with GRC tools (RSA Archer, CRM and ERP), consulting, and project implementations.
- Certifications such as CISSP, CISA or CISM.
- Agile and Waterfall project experience.
- You are productive and organised, and get things done with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- You enjoy working with others, solving problems and multi-tasking.
- You are able to work productively in multi-cultural teams, across geographies and time zones.
- You are able to effectively prioritise and deliver work across several concurrent projects.
- You are passionate on delivering value to the customer and getting their satisfaction.
- You are technically proficient and able to navigate multiple technology domains.
- You understand the importance of doing things for the greater good and are inclusive and approachable to others
- You are innovative and can quickly learn and adapt to new situations and technologies.