Angular UI Engineer, VMware Learning Platform
,Sofia,Bulgaria, VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.Job ID R1911140 Date posted Sep. 17, 2019
As a VMware Learning Platform Engineer, you will be a member of a first-class team of thought-leader practitioners. You will be involved in the development of VMware’s VMware Learning Platform (VLP) portal.
VMware Learning Platform is a web-based application for delivering hands on training labs. VLP is a mature solution and has been in development for 7 years. VLP is used by dozens of departments internally at VMware and is the technology that powers the hands-on labs at our VMworld user conference servicing over 10,000 users in 4 days.
VLP recently commercialized the product and the team will be developing a lot of new interesting features. If you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic, exciting, yet work-life balanced environment, you are one click away from it!
- As an Engineer in our team, you will design, code, test and debug quality software programs.
- Deliver robust, scalable quality software products on time.
- Be part of a software development team working in collaboration with management, quality assurance, user experience and technical publications teams
- In coordination with the Group Lead plan and execute projects through all phases of the project’s development.
- Respond promptly and professionally to bug reports.
- Consult with the Group Leader and Engineering Manager regarding professional skill development.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- 3+ years of relevant IT experience, with experience around designing and implementing critical cross-functional integration projects.
- Passion for elegant user interface and design.
- Must be motivated, detail-orientated and be effective in working both independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to work in a small team dynamic and be collaborative is critical to be successful in this position.
- Very strong analytical skills, good judgment, real passion for your work.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- You are required to communications effectively (verbal & written) in English.
- Java / Groovy knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Design and development of backend REST endpoint applications.
- Ability to learn new programming languages quickly.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic fast paced work environment.
- Experience with GIT version control system.
- Ability to work in a team environment with close cooperation with other members of the company’s team worldwide.
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, opportunity to work with international teams of IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical insurance program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.