Sr. Systems Engineer – Edge and IoT Solutions, OEM
SingaporeJob ID R37809 Date posted Jul. 09, 2019
OEM | Embedded and Edge Solutions helps its customers find more balance between execution and innovation with dedicated OEM | Embedded and Edge Solutions resources; industry-standard hardware and global services and support capabilities. Dell helps its OEM | Embedded and Edge Solutions customers improve their time to profit and run their operations more efficiently for increased competitive edge.
The Sr. Systems Engineer will be responsible for technical support to the IoT Solutions BDM’s, OEM and Core sales team and to the customer around IoT solutions comprising of Dell Infra play along with DT Ecosystem (Tech / ISV Partners) Solutions and products and services. Provides pre-sales technical support to field sales teams during the sales process. Accountable for the technical validity and interoperability of solution and the direct relationship with the
customer’s strategic business plans.
This position defines the overall strategy around IoT Solutions for the customer and makes presentations on all aspects of company products and services. Assists the sales in assessing customer use case and accordingly help them in positioning right infrastructure from DT along with Partner solution and Services to meet customer needs. Conducts customer needs analysis. Provides project scoping. Coordinates internal specialists and inter-department activities. Assists sellers in creating demand for product. Requires a high degree of technical competency to respond to customer needs and to discuss product capabilities and applications with technical users/buyers. Customarily and regularly engaged at client facilities and delivers high impact presentations leveraging strong technical skills.
Business Management skills:
- Develop the business around IoT Solutions using DT infrastructure play and SAB’s along with our partner solutions around IoT use cases
- Knowledge around various industry verticals and use cases around Internet of Things
- Design technical solutions to support the need of our core OEM / Enterprise / Commercial customers
- Prepare solution proposals, working along with OEM SE’s and Core business SE’s
- Qualification of opportunity based on solution, timelines and complexity, this also needs to be worked with core OEM SE and Core SE
- Design Pipeline discussions with OEM SE and Core SE’s
- C- Level engagements and with complex accounts
- Collaborate with OEM SE leadership and Core SE leadership teams being part of their regular cadence
- Understands / Analyzes and Apply industry, Vertical & market knowledge to position value of the solution effectively
- Understands and articulates strengths and vulnerabilities of the competition
- Demonstrate respectful conduct with customers and deliver a superior customer experience. Ensure that customer issues are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Work with peers – Other Regions within IoT Solutions / Core SE teams and OEM SE Teams and develop action plans that encourage cross-functional cooperation to deliver a superior customer experience.
- Maintaining a high level of trust between OEM / Core and IoT Solutions SE teams
- Putting team needs before personal gains
- Expert in IoT solutions and architecture design around DT Infrastructure play at the Edge using Edge Gateways, Embedded PC’s. XE3, XR2, X86 Servers, Storage and software solutions from DT and our Partners
- English Communication skills are mandatory
- Team Player
- Organization and planning skills
- Ability to work in a complex matrix environment and with remote teams
- Ability to cope with change and ambiguity in a rapidly moving competitive environment
- Strong drive for results
- Great team worker and positive attitude
- Customer-oriented attitude
- Advanced communication and presentation skills